Talk

Advanced search

Long line layering top long sleeved tops help please- need to get today

(15 Posts)
Serenite Fri 18-Dec-15 08:10:54

I have a request for a present of long line long sleeved layering tops!!

The kind of thing you'd wear under a fine knit jumper/top but not waist length, need ones that come to hip/thigh.

I have long line vests from matalan but I don't know where to get the same sort of thing but with sleeves. Even those fine thermal type tops I've read about on here, but I can only find normal length ones.

I need to get these today, have usual high street shops near me or I could do online but ideally would like price like matalan (not expensive!)

Please steer me in the right direction as I have no time to start looking around today, just need to pick up some and a recommendation would be so much help.

Cheesymonster Fri 18-Dec-15 08:14:24

I buy my long sleeve t shirts from primark

Trumpton Fri 18-Dec-15 08:14:31

Marks have them in black and grey.

P1nkP0ppy Fri 18-Dec-15 08:16:42

M&S ones are lovely, patterned ones as well as plain. I wear Primark ones too, cheaper and lots of colours.

southeastastra Fri 18-Dec-15 08:19:22

the new marks and spencer heatgem (sp) tops are longer and great for layering, they can always take them back if no good

hugoagogo Fri 18-Dec-15 08:26:53

H&M are usually good for this sort of thing.

Serenite Fri 18-Dec-15 08:30:44

Oh thank you for helping!! It's amazing to post for help and see people have responded!!

Are the m&s ones in a plastic packet (folded up if you know what I mean) rather than hanging on a rail? I looked at those but didn't think they looked long line - if you have tried them and they are that would be fantastic.

Who I'm buying for is size 16 and the long length takes pounds off her so she won't wear the waist length ones. No primark here and would buy there for myself but not for a gift but thank you for your recommendation.

Any other ideas please

CurlsLDN Fri 18-Dec-15 08:35:32

These are wrist length, so would cover the hips for me. I'm also a curvy 16, and tall at 5'9, I think these would fit as hoped on me at least
m2.hm.com/m/en_gb/productpage.0319643013.html

CurlsLDN Fri 18-Dec-15 08:35:59

Ps, h&m online ordering can be v slow, so try and buy in store

CurlsLDN Fri 18-Dec-15 08:37:10

There's also this, which looks longer. Annoying how all the model shots show them tucked in!

m2.hm.com/m/en_gb/productpage.0237222001.html

sleepwhenidie Fri 18-Dec-15 08:42:32

I have uniqlo heat tech tops and they are quite long.

P1nkP0ppy Fri 18-Dec-15 09:09:34

M&s are long, I'm size 14 and I bought size 16 because I don't like tight clothes.

CremeDeSudo Fri 18-Dec-15 09:48:48

I've got one from H&M. It's long enough that it could be a very very short dress! I'm 5,7.

hooliodancer Fri 18-Dec-15 10:06:56

Baukjen do exactly what you are looking for. Expensive-40ish quid- currently in the sale though. They are tunic length long sleeves and thick, so I hope long lasting,jersey.

You would probably have to order today though. Sorry no idea how to lin, but a quick search should bring it up.

superbfairywren Fri 18-Dec-15 10:11:25

I've got one of the m and s ones in a 14 I think, its black with gold spots and came in a packet, found them by the tills! It's hip length on me, it does ride up sometimes but its lovely and soft and thin so keeps you alwarm but not too warm.
The only tops I have which dont ride up at all the long stretchy strap vests from H and m, so I wear those under things if I want to make sure I don't show off my belly. They are like 2.99 or something so I have every colour and wear all year round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now