Talk

Advanced search

Ways to dress a fat tummy

(7 Posts)
puddingbrains Thu 17-Dec-15 15:38:38

Hello all! I've got ruined abdominal muscles as a result of big babies shock. I'm soooooooooooooooooo sick of leggings and feeling like a fat frump. What types of clothes would you stylish folks recommend for flattering a disproportionately large tum? I'm a size 14 everywhere else and like an alternative/rocky look.

SapphireSeptember Thu 17-Dec-15 20:47:07

High waisted structured skirts in a sturdy material are great. I have a big tummy and I find skirts like this are great as they hold my tummy in. I got a lovely faux leather skirt by TU last year that I wear with (nice) baggy tops that I tuck in.
Something similar.
Depending on how rocky/alternative you like to be some of the alternative clothing websites have corseted skirts (or even underbust corsets) that are a great way to hide your tummy.
Like this,
or this.
Tops you can go mad with but I think either slightly loose and tucked in or button up blouses work best.
This is one I have,
and one like I have, but not as long.

If you don't like skirts I'm stuck because I only ever wear skirts, but I hope that helps and gives you some ideas! smile

ElasticPants Thu 17-Dec-15 21:43:43

With a good pair of high waisted jeans I can get away with wearing most types of tops.

sofiahelin Thu 17-Dec-15 21:49:47

Shirt dresses are fab for me, they seem to take away from the tummy & put focus on the neck.
My fav look at the moment is denim shirt & black trousers

Suzietwo Thu 17-Dec-15 21:56:49

Good quality jeggings, long line thick sleeveless vests and baggy tshirts which cut the tummy in half. There's a reason it's the mum uniform!

puddingbrains Fri 18-Dec-15 08:53:05

Thanks everyone! I do love a leather skirt sapphire, but I've never even tried one one as I thought it would look terrible! I'll maybe need to give it a go. I find that anything that has to fasten over my middle, like jeans or trousers don't fit because I need a size 16 for my waist but I am blessed with quite skinny legs so then the trousers look baggy and scruffy. Jeggings are a bit more successful but I always seem to end up all lumpy and bumpy at the top of the waistband and have a camel toe. I've been going to slimming world but the weight isn't coming off as quickly as I'd like!

Suzietwo Fri 18-Dec-15 09:12:05

cheap jeggins are awful. zara do decent ones. they dont reveal they are elasticated until you try them on and realise they fit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now