Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ankle boots for jeans and dresses/skirts

(10 Posts)
taybert Wed 16-Dec-15 15:35:02

I want some ankle boots to wear with skinnies but also casual dresses/skirts. I had some a couple of years ago from Clarks, suede with a block heel and zips which were fine but have died now. This year I've had some from miss kg which were a bit too "dressy" really and are wrecked already.
I have so far sent back H by Hudson Kiver (in my normal size) which were really small on the foot but very wide at the top and looked weird, next I tried Hudson Horrigans in the next size up but I look like I'm wearing barges so they're going back too. I've also had some Chelsea boots from Kurt Geiger which were just a bit meh (also gone back!).

So, any ideas. I'm 5'3' size 10/12 body and 6 feet. I usually wear heels as make me look taller and feet shorter! Should I try my normal size in the Horrigans? Any other ideas?! The post office are bored of providing proof of postage for me....

Thanks!

taybert Wed 16-Dec-15 15:36:40

Forgot to say, I've seen Sam Edelman Petty but the heel is the same as the Horrigans and I wonder if they make your feet look big? Also, live rurally so it's an Internet job really.
Thanks!

MoreGilmoreGirls Wed 16-Dec-15 15:39:01

I got some suede wedge ankle boots from M&S which have lasted very well. I'm 5.2 so like a heel. They did them in grey and black.

bojorojo Wed 16-Dec-15 18:20:54

Mint Velvet have loads. Wait for the sales if you can. Or Dune. Some are reduced now. I really like Kurt Geiger. Try a different style.

taybert Wed 16-Dec-15 21:43:43

I've ordered another completely different style which I think might be mum boots but given that it seems to be a choice between mum boots and clown shoes for me we'll see how they are!

amarmai Wed 16-Dec-15 23:23:24

H&M and Topshop.

ChishandFips33 Wed 16-Dec-15 23:49:28

I feel your pain re sizes!
I have Hudson Horrigan suede in my normal size 5 - perfect
Hudson Encke suede, size 5 - blisters! The backs where the buckles are are stiff sad
Hudson Riley in black and brown size 5 - too stiff and tight and can't bear to persevere breaking them in
Hudson Tatham size 5 and slightly too big!
Hudson brogues size 6 narrow but long enough!
All but the Horrigans are new if any one wants to buy! I wear insoles which complicates sizing

Have you tried Red or Dead?

Bouncey Thu 17-Dec-15 00:51:34

Russell and Bromley - spendy but last ages and have lovely styles that aren't too clumpy. I got a pair of tan suede ankle boots last winter for wearing with skinnies and dresses.

taybert Thu 17-Dec-15 07:36:04

The sizing on the hudsons is bizarre! I tried on some Riley's in an actual shop which were just left over from last year's stock so they only had a 5 (and they were cheap) and they pinched but I could get them on and I was debating as to whether I could wear them in. Got kiver in 6 and can barely get my foot in and horrigans in a 7 I look like a clown!

I've ordered these now m.houseoffraser.co.uk/H+by+Hudson+Crispin+high+heel+ankle+boots/D598889,default,pd.html
They're not actually the kind of thing I thought I wanted at all but worth a try since all the others have been a disaster!

PitPatKitKat Thu 17-Dec-15 19:32:59

Zara or Mango

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now