Talk

Advanced search

Curling hair??

(7 Posts)
namechangedtoday15 Wed 16-Dec-15 10:28:53

I had my (shoulder length layered) bob curled by the hairdresser and it looked lovely (all day). After reading some threads on here, I have bought a Babyliss Curling Wand Pro and had a practice last night.

Whereas I thought I would look like an older version of Caroline Flack, I just looked like Shaggy off Scooby Doo confused. An hour later, it looked ridiculous blush - thank god I'd not left the house.

I have watched lots of youtube clips and am trying to replicate but obviously its going to take masses of practice.

Does anyone have any top tips for more successful curling? What products help to keep the curls in? I have fine hair but quite alot of it.

Thank you.

bishboschone Sat 19-Dec-15 20:56:43

Easier just to use normal tongs and then hairspray to hold .

Lenazabaglione Sat 19-Dec-15 21:09:33

I spray each section with some of this www.superdrug.com/TRESemmé/TRESemme-Runway-Collection-Make-Waves-Hairspray-300ml/p/373003?gclid=CM-A8o_q6MkCFcSVGwodHGQMgQ&gclsrc=aw.ds works a treat!

burnishedsilver Sat 19-Dec-15 21:21:42

I have all sorts a gadgets. The simplest and most fool proof is the heated rollers.

namechangedtoday15 Sat 19-Dec-15 22:04:42

Thank you!

IWannaHoldYourHand Sat 19-Dec-15 22:36:23

I use heated rollers.

Or I Dutch braid my hair before bed, but then I tend to look like week 1 Jay from Strictly.

Reese123 Sun 20-Dec-15 01:40:44

I use ghd' sto curl my hair - honestly it's the only thing that has ever successfully curled my hair

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now