Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about The Body Shop.......

(20 Posts)
primitivemom Wed 16-Dec-15 09:17:48

What are the best products to buy? going to treat myself to some new skincare and makeup, are there any gems i need to look out for? i heard their vitamin E cream is very good, think i might try that. Does anyone have any recomendations? (smile)

primitivemom Wed 16-Dec-15 09:18:32

( smile )

Lottapianos Wed 16-Dec-15 09:21:08

I enjoy a few of their products. The showers gels are lovely and very good value. The Pomegranate skincare range is lovely - its described as for 'first signs of ageing', whatever that means! I have dry and dehydrated skin and I like it

I bought one of their lipsticks a while back when it was on offer and was not impressed at all - very drying and colour faded within an hour. Haven't tried any other make up so can't comment, but their make up brushes have a very good reputation

Kaz2200 Wed 16-Dec-15 10:03:41

Vitamin c range especially the capsules

Tate15 Wed 16-Dec-15 10:31:19

I've heard good things about the ale restoring mask and am thinking of trying it.

Tate15 Wed 16-Dec-15 10:31:31

Aloe not ale

Pointlessfan Wed 16-Dec-15 10:32:57

I like the hemp hand cream, it is the only one I've found that really sorts out chapped skin.

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 16-Dec-15 10:36:51

The Camomile cleansers, the butter and the oil are both great. And I like their 'oil in serum'. Silly name as it's just an oil as far as I can see.

Only buy when they have a 40% off offer on. Which is pretty often!

Bluecheese22 Wed 16-Dec-15 11:01:49

Daily I use; Camomile cleansing butter, aloe day & night cream, aloe toner & Vit E eye cream. Can highly recommend them all, my skin is soft and blemish free for the first time in forever. Their lip butters are really lovely too, I recommend the shea but. Just stocked up on all above mentioned for £34!

Bluecheese22 Wed 16-Dec-15 11:02:37

*Shea butter!

MissBattleaxe Wed 16-Dec-15 12:24:31

The fragrance range is pretty good these days. It's not quite the lovely Perfume Bar they used to have. I particularly like the Italian Fig, Fijian Water Lotus and Atlas Mountain Rose.

I find the Body Shop really pricey these days, but as a PP said they often have sales or discounts especially online.

I miss the old stuff though! Elderflower eye gel, Raspberry Ripple Bubble Bath, Ice blue shampoo...

INeedSomeHelp Wed 16-Dec-15 12:27:10

If you Google there is always a voucher code around and you can get cash back through Quidco too.
I use the Vitamin E range and really like it as well as the chamomile cleansing butter and eye make up remover.

Bluecheese22 Wed 16-Dec-15 12:28:49

They still do elderflower eye gel! I was tempted by it last week but stuck to what I know.

Lottapianos Wed 16-Dec-15 13:19:28

MissBatteleaxe, do their fragrances last a reasonable length of time? They do smell gorgeous but I was a bit concerned they would disappear after a couple of hours

kardashianklone Wed 16-Dec-15 13:38:45

I recently worked for The BodyShop and I can recommend: the poppy seed scrub, all of their vitamin e range, their oils of life range. Yes, the perfumes are good, but after a few hours (like most perfumes made without musk- as The BodyShop is cruelty free) you will need to reapply. The elderflower eye gel is good, but so are the newer products which includes an eye serum roll on. Join up to a free membership card to collect points and treats, and buy in their sale (sign up to their emailing list). All body butters are excellent- word of warning, if you apply and go straight to the gym and work out, it will seep out of your pores (well, so would any body lotion I suppose). Makeup- lipsticks and nail varnishes and eye shadows- don't bother. It's because they are silicone free (which is tested on animals) that they don't 'stick' or 'adhere' to the face as much as other products that you'd be used to from other brands. The nail varnish chips quite quickly, I found, even with base/top coat protector. Men's range- shaving products are very good quality and the 'traditional' shaving brush (like the rest of the make up brushes) are made without using animal hair, so last longer, are easier to clean, don't harbor bacteria and haven't harmed any animals in the process. All the hand creams are very good. If you want a face mask, use the Bouncy Sleeping Mask, which is based on the technology that is used in Asia (where they LOVE their face masks, and have a ridiculous variety that puts us to shame).

jamtartandcustard Wed 16-Dec-15 15:42:11

Every Christmas I buy the cranberry shower gel as it smells amazing

chickensaresafehere Wed 16-Dec-15 15:47:34

Hemp hand cream,is fab for winter dry hands & I love the smell of their olive shower gel.

primitivemom Thu 17-Dec-15 01:21:02

Thanks everyone for all the replies, Mitzy, thanks for the 40% tip! Will wait for that. Pointless I've heard great things about the hemp hand cream. Karda loads of great pointers! Thank you smile

MissBattleaxe Thu 17-Dec-15 12:17:40

The longevity of their perfume varies. When I tried White Musk Libertine it was gone completely in ten minutes flat. The Italian Fig lingered all day and I'm still a fan of White Musk which lasts so long my pillow smells of it at night.

If a perfume doesn't stick around, spray it on the ends of your hair and on your collar.

Lottapianos Thu 17-Dec-15 14:08:03

Ooh good tip MissBattleaxe, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now