Talk

Advanced search

Eye cream

(11 Posts)
OnlyLovers Tue 15-Dec-15 12:49:51

This is probably a stupid question...

Are you meant to use eye cream all over the eye area, ie including the upper eyelid?

For years I've used it only below my eye and at the outside corners on the crow's feet , but I'm noticing that my upper lids are getting quite lizard-like as I age, and it made me wonder if you're meant to apply it there too?

DragonRojo Tue 15-Dec-15 19:43:50

It depends. Some of them are only for underneath and some for all over. Why don't you try wearing tours all over and see if you notice any improvement? It cannot do any harm

JoyceDivision Tue 15-Dec-15 22:17:45

I read on mumsnet that some one recommended bio oil instead of eyecream (poss as a nightcream!)

OnlyLovers Wed 16-Dec-15 09:59:45

I seem to remember using one all over ages ago, and my eyelids felt itchy and swollen. That's why I'm wondering if it's not a good idea.

It might be just down to the kind of cream or oil you use, though.

BumWad Wed 16-Dec-15 10:02:05

I dab everywhere

Bluecheese22 Wed 16-Dec-15 11:05:05

You dab eye cream on the top and bottom of eyes, on the bone (if that makes sense!!) and it soaks in to all the appropriate places. That's what I've been told when having facials so I do that!

OnlyLovers Wed 16-Dec-15 11:30:55

Ah, now that rings vague bells from magazine articles of yore, Blue grin.

I think that's what I've been doing and why. Trouble is, it doesn't seem to have soaked in to the appropriate bit of my upper lids!

legohurtswhenyoustandonit Wed 16-Dec-15 11:43:34

I put it on all over. I'm prone to eczema round my eyes and find that moisturising the whole area helps to prevent it.

burnishedsilver Wed 16-Dec-15 12:36:19

I use it all over but lrp redermic R and redermic C for eyes are the only ones that don't make my eyes go puffy. After about 6 months using both (one at night and one in the day) I can honestly see an improvement in my eyelids.

Grok Thu 17-Dec-15 22:18:27

What eye cream would you use on dry, red and irritated eye area (likely due to many late nights feeding newborn whilst reading mn!)

Tries e45 but no help. My normal oils seem too rich. I got Lacura Caviar today, that? Or something basic like aloe Vera?

BumWad Thu 17-Dec-15 22:22:30

Grok I use Elizabeth Arden intensive moisturising eye cream at night and Origins Ginzing eye cream in the day. I also use Nars creamy concealer and Benefit lemonaid on my lids smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now