Talk

Advanced search

Tweezers- high street stores please

(12 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 14-Dec-15 20:09:00

I need some new tweezers - all mine have gone (Goodness knows where) and my Last Resort Pair ( Mr Mascara) just don't do it.

I have bought Tweezerman in the past but some are better than others and of course, they're wrapped so it's hard to tell.

A pair in a nifty holder I bought were rubbish, far too chunky.

What d'you recommend that I can buy very soon (I have an evil chin hair that's really annoying me.............. )

TIA

juneybean Mon 14-Dec-15 20:09:57

Mine are cosmo ones from Superdrug, three in a little faux leather pouch with differing tips on.

yas212 Mon 14-Dec-15 20:36:43

Tweezerman are a waste of time and money, I've owned 3 but they all ended up chipping. I got this from Amazon last July and they've served me very well so far www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005SEPJAE/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yas212 Mon 14-Dec-15 20:37:14

Sorry it's not high street x

Palomb Mon 14-Dec-15 20:38:32

I'm a hairy wench and sainsburys tweezers do it for me. You can get straight, slanted and pointy ones for a couple of quid.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 14-Dec-15 21:06:22

I just found a pair of tiny tiny tweezers (about 1" long) and tried with them. Of course they just snapped the hair off at skin level hmm so I'll have a spot there now.
Couldn't leave it alone could I <<sigh>>

I don't pluck my eyebrows at all and DD has hers threaded so I have usually got a pair somewhere but not when I need them.

Off to browse ...........

thanks

tethersend Mon 14-Dec-15 21:14:41

These are the best. FAR better than Tweezerman.

LetsDoThis74 Thu 17-Dec-15 13:05:45

i came on to say the same as tethersend, they are really good tweezers.

rubyflipper Thu 17-Dec-15 15:33:13

I use these Rolston tweezers with a built-in light. It's a depressing experience when used with a magnifying mirror, but you will catch every stray hair.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 17-Dec-15 17:54:36

I was in Boots t'other day and spied some No7 tweezers (looked ok, I thought)

I bought the very fine point ones. They are really good (and £8 IIRC0

I don't have much brow but I dpend a while with a magnifying mirror and a good light, sorting them (and the chin hair blush )

timelytess Thu 17-Dec-15 17:56:28

Wilko. I have several pairs of theirs, and they are really good.

ThroughThinkandThing Thu 17-Dec-15 20:31:06

I have a pair from the body shop from years ago which are amazing - they can get hairs I can't see yet. However, when I bought a second pair in case I lost the first, they were rubbish helpful.

Quite like the boots ones mentioned up thread, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now