Talk

Advanced search

Decent blanket

(10 Posts)
Toffeelatteplease Mon 14-Dec-15 13:15:11

Not really sure it's style and beauty but couldn't work out where to post and you guys are awesome at finding stuff.

DS uses a wheelchair. Looking at two options one being a footmuff but the other being a decent blanket. I would prefer a decent blanket as they are easier to store and transport but am having trouble finding anything I like.

So I am looking for a decent blanket, ideally in a thin but very warm material so probablt either a wool or quality fleece. If it is thin I can store it in his wheelchair cushion which means he always has it when he needs it.

It needs to look not too young but not too old either. A good quality characters blanket would be great, however it needs to have a small pattern so you dont just end up with thors bum or mickey mouses foot when you fold it over him. Would equally consider a plain or patterned blanket too if it didn't make him look like an old granny in it.

Atm I either find the quality and the pattern isn't quite right or I find a nice pattern online and have no idea on the quality.

Footmuff will likely cost in excess of £30 so there is a bit of leeway on budget

ImperialBlether Mon 14-Dec-15 13:19:28

How old is your DS and what kind of things does he like?

KanyeWesticle Mon 14-Dec-15 13:31:20

Etsy are pretty good for fleece - this is very cool www.etsy.com/uk/listing/215735644/girls-or-boys-comic-strip-star-wars-dot?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_uk_en_gb_b-home_and_living-bedding-blankets_and_throws&utm_custom1=2fc1e3d6-f34a-4a3b-8bf6-43a7a497d071&gclid=CMX30fC428kCFSsKwwod3kMG7w - pricy though.

Krampus Mon 14-Dec-15 14:53:02

Are these too big?

ThatsHowYouGetAnts Mon 14-Dec-15 14:57:18

Uniqlo has this and this if he's into Star Wars?

ThatsHowYouGetAnts Mon 14-Dec-15 14:59:42

Also Mickey Mouse

Freezingwinter Mon 14-Dec-15 15:01:32

Disney store have some lovely fleeces with tiny embroidered tsum Tsum characters such as Mickey and Donald.

Toffeelatteplease Mon 14-Dec-15 15:07:37

The mickey is ideal! Love it. At that price will get that for definite.

Love the avengers blanket but shipping ouch!

Might get the uniqlo star wars if I can't find anything marvel. They are the perfect mix for kid like and grown up!

Toffeelatteplease Mon 14-Dec-15 15:09:58

He's 8. Likes avengers, space, star wars (I'm less keen on starwars), mickey (me as much as him!).

Toffeelatteplease Mon 14-Dec-15 15:44:51

Actually thinking about it the mickey mouse darth vadar combo might be ideal...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now