Talk

Advanced search

A thin plain cotton jumper?

(9 Posts)
GloGirl Mon 14-Dec-15 08:30:06

My Mum has asked me for a cotton jumper this Christmas and I'm struggling and don't have the time to browse lots of websites or go shopping! I've searched John Lewis and M&S but couldn't find what I was after confused

She would like a plain, neutral coloured natural fabric jumper with a high neckline, long sleeves and no fuss or embelishments. The sort that you would use to wear under a jacket etc.

Has anyone any ideas? M&S were selling thr perfect thing in a range of colours but in viscose which she vehemently opposes.

Naicecuppatea Mon 14-Dec-15 09:25:40

Try Woolovers cotton and silk blends?

emsyj Mon 14-Dec-15 09:28:15

Yep, Woolovers is exactly what you need! grin

MrsBertMacklin Mon 14-Dec-15 09:30:10

Try Uniqlo. They have Supima cotton which feels lovely on. Also do thin merino jumpers. One of these might work?

GloGirl Mon 14-Dec-15 09:34:29

Woolovers looks great! Pricing just what I wanted too. Can you help with sizing please? She insists she is a size 13... between a 12 and a 14. Depends on what brand and how big it looks. Quite why she's asking me to buy her clothes when she is particular I don't know.

How does woolovers size because I see they have a 10-12 or a 14-16. One will be too big and the other too small confused

BlueCowWonders Mon 14-Dec-15 09:34:31

H&M usually do very plain cotton jumpers and cardis.
But I wear M&S school ones! Nice cotton navy cardi, one with pockets. Have also got my DM wearing them! They also have a lovely burgundy one. I'm sure the jumpers would be as good

GloGirl Mon 14-Dec-15 09:34:46

Thanks I'll take a look at Uniqlo too

Naicecuppatea Mon 14-Dec-15 09:37:29

If a choice between 10-12 and 14-16 I would probably go for the 14-16. Their Unisex jumpers are generously sized whereas the more fitted styles are true to size.

emsyj Mon 14-Dec-15 09:45:20

I'm a 12/14 and I prefer a Medium. I've got some Small from Woolovers and they're fine, but really I'm a M. I'm wearing their Aran Coatigan today in a S and it's a nice fit but the cotton/silk cardigans I wish I'd bought in a M.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now