Talk

Advanced search

Spray or cream that smells of flowers NOT chemicals

(10 Posts)
5BlueHydrangea Mon 14-Dec-15 08:13:58

A good friend of mine is blind, which means that the rest of her senses are heightened including sense of smell. As a Christmas present she has asked for some cream or perfume that she can put on her wrists to lighten her mood, which smells flowery but not fake chemical flowery if that makes sense?

Any ideas please?

CuttedUpPear Mon 14-Dec-15 08:20:36

I've got Paul Smith's Roses perfume, which is amazing and smells just like sticking your nose into a beautiful rose. No chemical or harsh notes, just roses.

I've been spraying it on myself at night to keep away the winter blues.

LordEmsworth Mon 14-Dec-15 08:50:38

If your budget will stretch, I love Jo Malone - lots of florals in the range...

prettywhiteguitar Mon 14-Dec-15 08:54:41

Neals yard do lovely authentic smelling ranges, their shower gels smell amazing !

5BlueHydrangea Mon 14-Dec-15 09:38:53

Great thanks, I'll look those up. Any other ideas?

HeyMicky Mon 14-Dec-15 09:45:05

I often make my own with unscented moisturiser and essential oils. Just small amounts so I can change it up. I'm wearing cinnamon and orange blossom currently, all Christmassy. Could you make a few little pots like that?

Twinklestein Mon 14-Dec-15 14:22:51

Any normal brands including smell chemically to someone with sensitive smell, I have the same problem. Even Jo Malone.

I can recommend:
Caudalie 'Fleur de Vigne',
Muelhens 4711 Cologne which smells of orange flower,
Roger & Gallet eau de toilettes particularly - Thé Vert, Fleur D'Osthmanthus & Rose Fraiche.

Those are all quite light and made with real flower essences.

getoffthattabletnow Mon 14-Dec-15 15:31:52

Couvent des minimes now at Boots.Perfumes made with natural Flowers and herbs and smell lovely.I've bought the orange blossom shower gel and it was the loveliest smell ever.
Yves Rocher also do some flowery scents - I have Lilac and Lily of the Valley Eau de toilette's that smell delicious and come with matching shower gel and lotion.

Twinklestein Mon 14-Dec-15 15:47:16

Oo I've not tried the Covent des Minimes getoffthattablenow I'll give it a go.

The 4711 cologne is orange blossom too (not orange flower as I said in my post).

Indecisivejo Mon 14-Dec-15 17:02:06

Definitely loccitane rose et raines perfume! It's so lovely and pretty

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now