Talk

Advanced search

Clinique anti blemish foundation

(10 Posts)
vanillabeauty Sun 13-Dec-15 18:45:48

Anyone use it and like it? Any pointers? Had a trial with a free sample which I like, however I have wasted so much money on foundations that my skin 'rejects'. They seem to seperate on my skin after using them for a month or so.
Thanks

taybert Sun 13-Dec-15 18:55:14

It's fine as a foundation. My blemishes remain, however.

tethersend Sun 13-Dec-15 20:10:44

Get the effaclar three step stuff from La Roche Posay and then use something water-based like MUFE face and body

CrikeyChrisThatsCrazy Sun 13-Dec-15 20:27:59

I know it's a really cheap brand to recommend but have you tried Seventeen On The Spot Foundation? Its dirt cheap at £7 a tube but it's the only thing I've tried that I've been able to use for more than a month or two without it either causing a massive break out or just sitting on my skin looking cakey. I'd previously tried Laura Mercier Silk Creme Oil Free, Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid and Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free, all of which seemed fine at first but my skin just didn't tolerate then after a month or two.
I'd ended up away without my make up bag and went into a Boots to just grab a few cheap emergency bits to get me through without looking like I'd scare the children and I've been using it ever since.

vanillabeauty Sun 13-Dec-15 20:45:03

Thank you for your recommendations smile I am not normally that spotty. Currently have 6 giant red spots that haven't developed into heads just stayed huge and painful sad.
I just want a foundation that gives a light-medium coverage not too matte, buildable, okay on sensitive skin, and doesn't seperate on my skin after a few hours...... grin and with a counter local to me so I can colour match hmm

tethersend Sun 13-Dec-15 21:01:08

You need the MUFE face and body. Honestly, it's amazing.

Do try the effclarar as well though- wish I'd tried it years ago. My skin is clear and spot free for the first time since puberty and I'm old grin

tethersend Sun 13-Dec-15 21:02:00

Ahem- effaclar

vanillabeauty Sun 13-Dec-15 21:14:36

Thank you for recommendations, these are what I am dealing with. They are also down my shoulders/back (very attractive) will start researching grin

CrikeyChrisThatsCrazy Sun 13-Dec-15 22:16:05

Very similar to my spots Vanilla, I've been told it's cystic acne. Read this and see if it sounds familiar www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/08/cystic-acne-treatment_n_7017010.html

tethersend Sun 13-Dec-15 22:29:47

Seriously, give this a go for a few weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now