Talk

Advanced search

"Pseudo-date" with ex dress advice

(7 Posts)
notoverthetop Sun 13-Dec-15 16:51:03

What would you suggest to wear for a date with an ex who you haven't seen for a really long time? He moved abroad after we split up and we haven't really spoken since. He's now back and has asked me out for dinner. After much internal debate, I've decided to go.

I don't want to look as if I'm trying to hard (I'm really not)but at the same time I don't want to look as if I don't give a damn and have let myself go to scruff.

I'm inclined to think a dress and heels would be a bit "try too hard".

WWYW?

notoverthetop Sun 13-Dec-15 16:53:29

So not to drip feed, we didn't part on the best of terms so I'm treating this as a kind of preliminary interview for him - if you see what I mean. I'm not going into it all starry eyed, second time round will be perfect. I think he's now back in the UK for good so in theory getting back together is a possible option.

travailtotravel Sun 13-Dec-15 17:53:34

Smart jeans and 'out' top with heels? Or dress and boots?
Depends where you are going, tbh.

notoverthetop Sun 13-Dec-15 17:59:34

Yeah - I was inclining towards casual bottom half (jeans/trousers) and a glitzy top.

Not sure of location as yet but imagine it would be halfway on a scale between Pizza Hut and The Fat Duck.

rageagainsttheBIL Sun 13-Dec-15 18:39:56

I'd wear nice dark skinny jeans, a silk top, some kind of cool jacket (patterned or leather), ankle boots and necklace.

Killer hair (get a blow dry if you can) and great but subtle make up, and especially a subtle lip in case you end up snogging

lurkingabit Sun 13-Dec-15 19:06:59

Def get a blow dry. All is well with the world when you get a blow dry. And then your idea of jeans and glitzy top.
Good jeans
Smart top (sound like my mother)
High boots/shoes
All important blow dry

Yseulte Sun 13-Dec-15 19:19:48

To echo the others I would wear my most flattering jeans, glam top, biker jacket, boots with killer heels.

Blow dry, manicure and good jewellery.

My MO would be relaxed-but-glam-look-what-you-missed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now