Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

'Clean' smelling men's fragrance

(18 Posts)
TheGirlOnTheLanding Sun 13-Dec-15 15:26:10

DH has hinted that he could do with some aftershave for Christmas but fancies a change. He doesn't like musky or pungent fragrances - prefers lighter, fresh, clean-laundry type if that makes sense. In the past, has worn Issey Miyake, the Hugo Boss one in the ball shape, a Paul Smith cheapy, but none that he's stuck with. Any suggestions? As I've already bought his main present and this is just an extra, budget up to £35 at most.

NahItsOkTa Sun 13-Dec-15 15:51:40

Acqua di gio would be perfect, I think.

wannabestressfree Sun 13-Dec-15 15:52:40

It's expensive though....
Or one of the Calvin Klein's?.

RubberDicky Sun 13-Dec-15 15:55:12

Armani code?

fuzzywuzzy Sun 13-Dec-15 15:59:50

bleu de Chanel is lovely, house of Fraser has a promotion on at the moment. Think you could get the smaller bottle in your budget range.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sun 13-Dec-15 16:17:33

Thank you all for the suggestions. Just had a look and sadly Acqua di Gio, the Chanel one and Armani code all seem out of price range. I'll go and have a sniff of the CK ones - I know he doesn't like CK Obsession but Escape might be better of there's one called CK Man which despite the rubbish name looks promising from the description (no musk!) It's hard enough to choose something for myself, but at least I can try it on my skin rather than just on a strip of paper. I seem to remember someone on here saying Next fragrances were surprisingly good for the money - does the same apply to their men's range?

wannabestressfree Sun 13-Dec-15 16:34:56

Or if you can look past the target audience the fragrances are lovely in Hollister smile

Dp likes CK ones, or Paul Smith. Both are inexpensive.

Do Zara do men's fragrance? DD1 likes their women's ones a lot, and they are super-cheap.

hollinhurst84 Sun 13-Dec-15 16:45:32

Any of the Clean brand
Do what they say on the tin!
Link here to show a few, then you could google to find cheaper but they're reasonable prices
ink{http://uk.strawberrynet.com/m/aftershave/clean/?search=clean%20men&lineid=7042\uk.strawberrynet.com/m/aftershave/clean/?search=clean%20men&lineid=704]]2}

wannabestressfree Sun 13-Dec-15 16:46:22

Paul Smith on offer in boots

hollinhurst84 Sun 13-Dec-15 16:46:45

Links to actual site (it's American) for descriptions
ink{http://cleanperfume.com/fragrances/for-him\cleanperfume.com/fragrances/for-hi]]m}

DoctorTwo Sun 13-Dec-15 17:23:12

Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime.

PitPatKitKat Sun 13-Dec-15 18:55:40

Maybe a bit obvious, but Cool Water was the first thing that sprang to mind.

VulcanWoman Sun 13-Dec-15 19:01:13

I always liked Kouros, is that too old fashioned now.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sun 13-Dec-15 19:25:49

Never ever heard of the brand Clean before - thanks for that. It does sound promising, is it available anywhere on the high street rather than online so I could try it out? Cool Water is a good suggestion too but associated with an ex. Kouroi I remember as being very overpowering - am I misremembering?

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sun 13-Dec-15 19:36:18

Sorry! Forgot to reply to you Doctor. I had no idea Crabtree & Evelyn did fragrance (always thought it was florals soaps and hand cream and things) but that does sound lovely, will check it out.

Fannyfannakerpants Sun 13-Dec-15 19:39:56

It is probably out of the price range but the blue men's prada is really clean. I think it smells like expensive soap. I really upset the prada account manager when I told her that. My husband doesn't like it so I just have to sniff when I go in to debenhams.

hollinhurst84 Sun 13-Dec-15 20:49:44

I don't think it is sad I did get mine in TK maxx though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now