Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gutted I have to send my lovely Christmas party dress back - please help me find a replacement

(5 Posts)
Eminybob Sun 13-Dec-15 14:12:07

I bought this dress off asos and I absolutely love it, it's really flattering but it's the most uncomfortable item of clothing I have ever worn.

I wore it for the first time last night and the sequins have shredded my bingo wings upper arms, shoulders, even my wrists and hands where they have touched the dress. I'm in actual pain still!

Asos have agreed to refund me if I return it, but I would love to find something similar but less scratchy for the rest of the party season. Can you help. Ideally something in a shop I can walk into so 1. I can get it before my next party on Wednesday, and 2. So I can gauge it's lethalness prior to purchasing.

Thank you fgrin

Naoko Sun 13-Dec-15 14:18:26

Ouch. I tried on something similar when I was looking for a party dress last week and my arms looked like I'd been attacked by a large, vicious feline just from taking it on and off in the fitting rooms. I went for glitter instead of sequins in the end, much safer!

Eminybob Sun 13-Dec-15 14:21:52

I've had sequiny dresses before that have been fine, nice soft sequins. I actually can't believe they sell this dress, surely the model mentioned it's complete unwearability!!

The reason I really liked it is because it's a bit different, as the back is denim and it has a bit of a distressed thing going on.

londonedit Sun 13-Dec-15 20:54:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BoJolly Mon 14-Dec-15 11:58:29

Anything here from House of Fraser?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now