Talk

Advanced search

Laser hair removal for upper lip hair

(11 Posts)
MascaraAndConverse89 Sun 13-Dec-15 10:04:47

I'm starting to get really paranoid about the fine hairs above my lip. They aren't dark hairs but you can tell they are there, especially when I have makeup on. I don't want to start waxing and plucking and then they grow back thicker, so was hoping to find a more permanent solution.

Has anyone had laser hair removal done on their upper lip before? How much did it cost? Does it take a few sessions before you see results?

Thanks!

MascaraAndConverse89 Sun 13-Dec-15 10:06:14

Also how good was the end result? Did the hairs grow back?

wonderpants Sun 13-Dec-15 13:23:35

I'm not sure how effective laser would be on fine fair hair! Plus you would have to shave it so would end up with stubble.

I have waxed, plucked, shaved, lasered, but mine is dark and thick!
In your place, I think I would just whip it off with wax once in a while.

whatdoIget Sun 13-Dec-15 13:39:11

Hair doesn't grow back thicker if you pull it out. It's an old wive's tale. Have it threaded or get an epic stick from eBay.

gingerboy1912 Sun 13-Dec-15 13:46:22

I second an epic stick from Amazon only a couple of pounds

pbcelf Sun 13-Dec-15 14:09:05

I've had electrolysis on my upper lip which works on fine fair hair. So far nothing has grown back and I wish I'd done it when I was younger.

Much better and more effective than laser. Make sure you go to a reputable electrolysis trained beautician though. If you google, there is a trade body for electrolysis practitioners - mine was a member of this - forget the name.

I would highly recommend electrolysis for upper lip hair.

SheHasAWildHeart Sun 13-Dec-15 14:09:37

I just use the epistick while watching Strictly on Sunday's!

I had mine lasered about five years ago for the same reasons as you.

I'm really pleased with it. Can't remember the cost, perhaps approx 200 for the six sessions? From time to time I get slight regrowth and have a quick zap to get rid of it, maybe once every six months.

I wish I could afford to have my legs done.

Bunbaker Mon 14-Dec-15 07:40:40

I use my epilator on mine. It works a treat. It means I don't have to wait for a thick moustache to grow back before I get it threaded again.

MatildaTheCat Mon 14-Dec-15 13:19:29

Laser apparently doesn't work on fair hair. I've had electrolysis on my chin this year which has felt life changing in terms of how nice it is not to have a horrid hairy chin to deal with. Have to warn you that it hurts like hell and upper lip is even worse. sad

If it's really not that bad I'd very much recommend waxing or threading.

Stormtreader Tue 15-Dec-15 18:00:38

I had laser on my upper lip - a word of caution, if you have sensitive teeth then ask for cotton wool to put under your lip otherwise the laser light will really hurt!
It hasnt gotten rid of the hair but it has made it finer so its less noticable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now