Talk

Advanced search

I've got a wart on my nose

(23 Posts)
notafanofwinter Sun 13-Dec-15 07:06:02

Not on the tip, but on the side. I've got the potential to look like a witch anyway.
I really don't want to have it freezed off at the moment a black scar would be worse, any more gentle remedies around?

FrustratedFrugal Sun 13-Dec-15 07:17:32

Have you tried salicylic creams? I had a patch of pre-cancerous sun damage on my lip. It was frozen off this autumn by a dermatologist. It looked horrific for a day (really swollen and painful too), a bit odd for a week (there was a patch that looked like a cold sore), and I had some residual redness for a bit longer, but right now it is totally fine, no scarring, and, best of all, the weird rough patch is gone. So if you try freezing, perhaps have it done on a Friday?

Truckingalong Sun 13-Dec-15 07:23:48

How about banding it.

notafanofwinter Sun 13-Dec-15 07:33:28

Thanks for the replies. Would I just ask for salicylic at a pharmacy? And what is banding?

FrustratedFrugal Sun 13-Dec-15 07:44:57

Here is a pharmacy product (another type of acid) but you could talk to the pharmacist as well.

notafanofwinter Sun 13-Dec-15 07:51:18

Thank you. I'll have a chat with the pharmacist. Such a glamorous life wink

RaptorsCantPlayPoker Sun 13-Dec-15 07:55:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

5hell Sun 13-Dec-15 07:55:45

No wisdom, just sympathy. ..I had one a couple of years ago and did get it frozen off, I don't recall it leaving a black scar. ..I think it was well healed n gone in less than a week

Good luck

Fluffybrain Sun 13-Dec-15 08:08:34

Rub a piece of meat on it or a raw potato and bury it in the garden. Old gypsy remedy. My friend did this and it was gone a couple of days later. She had had it for months.

AnonyMusty Sun 13-Dec-15 08:14:02

Why would freezing leave a scar? I had this done to one on my hand, as a child. It's left no mark at all - other than emotional. lol

notafanofwinter Sun 13-Dec-15 08:16:19

This is a picture. Although looking at it, the wart is the least of my problems.

Truckingalong Sun 13-Dec-15 08:24:53

I've just used it on a skin tag and it works perfectly www.amazon.co.uk/Micro-TagBand-Remover-Device-Medium/dp/B014D9HQXW

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 13-Dec-15 08:55:29

I've got one the same and I dug it out with my finger nail. Went for years and has just reappeared.

Termsandconditions Sun 13-Dec-15 09:03:16

This is from afar so don't rely on it but it loks like an intradermal naevus to me. No need for concern tho, totally benign. You'll most likely need referral to a dermatologist or plastic surgeon if you want rid of it.

It's really not that bad imo

ClaireFraser Mon 14-Dec-15 00:11:03

Apple cider vinegar, brilliant stuff, it kills the wart but doesn't damage the healthy surrounding skin.

I had a huge awful one at the edge of my thumbnail that had grown under the nail. Tried no end of things with no luck and the vinegar worked in less than three weeks.

You soak a little piece of cotton wool in the apple cider vinegar, place over the wart and then put a plaster over the top, needs to be well stuck on so it doesn't dry out, do this before bed and then leave on overnight. You can carefully pick away any dead bits the next morning, repeat the application for subsequent nights until it gone. I found I had to go to sleep pretty quickly after I'd applied it because after a few days application it would make the wart throb once the ACV was applied.

As I said, I got rid of this one on my thumb, one on my palm another time, and also 2 verrucas that if had for years and couldn't shift. Worked for one on my DH's back too. It didn't leave a scar at all because it doesn't damage your healthy skin, just the wart.

If you search on mumsnet or just do a general google search there's lots of info about it and loads of success stories. Really simple and v effective. It will make you crave chips with the smell of the vinegar though!

burnishedsilver Mon 14-Dec-15 08:23:32

Are you sure it's a wart? It doesn't look like a wart in the photo

Whenischristmas Mon 14-Dec-15 08:28:33

Doesn't look like a wart. I had something similar 'shaved' off.

notafanofwinter Mon 14-Dec-15 08:29:59

No I'm not sure, but it's got a bumpy top like a wart. It's actually more raised that it looks in the picture. It's not brown like a mole.

rambunctious Mon 14-Dec-15 08:31:24

My GP told me to just pick mine off. I did, and the fucker disappeared!

lurkingabit Mon 14-Dec-15 09:11:09

I agree with Termsandc above, it's an intradermal naevus. Intradermal naevi are often not pigmented, i.e. are the same colour as the surrounding skin. Nowt to worry about. Getting rid of it might leave a bigger scar tho.You need a plastic surgeon to look at it.

notafanofwinter Mon 14-Dec-15 09:24:22

Thanks for the advice. MN is such a great resource. I think I'd rather keep it than have a scar.

WhataRacquet Mon 14-Dec-15 13:44:27

www.amazon.co.uk/G-market-24-Bang-kok-pang1804-Stiefel-Duofilm/dp/B00HQEBF0M/ref=sr_1_1/275-3755049-4722602?ie=UTF8&qid=1450100576&sr=8-1&keywords=duofilm+wart
Try this stuff, you can get it in any pharmacy. It works really quickly on warts.

Annettebee Mon 14-Dec-15 23:13:42

I had a similar bump on the side of my nose. I had it removed as an out patient (privately) no scar and didn't reappear. Very simple procedure, numbed area, cut it off and stitched. Very happy I had it done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now