Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend size 16-18 smart / coated black jeans?

(8 Posts)
MrsBertMacklin Sat 12-Dec-15 18:39:41

I've been getting away with wearing brand new black skinnies, but after a few washes they're too ragged looking for work.

I've never tried coated jeans, but they look fantastic on people I see on the tube?

Any recommendations for under £70?

MrsBertMacklin Sat 12-Dec-15 18:40:18

Meant to say, I'm a pear shape with bigger bum than I'd like at the moment.

Gillybobs Sat 12-Dec-15 18:44:08

Mine are the coated slim legs from Wallis and I'm impressed with them

Nonidentifyingnc Sat 12-Dec-15 19:04:10

Just wanted to say that maybe you could re dye the jeans to freshen them up, while you find the coated ones you want.

MrsBertMacklin Sat 12-Dec-15 19:15:05

Non-ID, thanks, was erring on doing that or trying the Persil liquid that's meant to be good for black fabrics.

Looking up the Wallis ones...

Drquin Sat 12-Dec-15 19:26:46

www.newlook.com/shop/inspire-plus-sizes/jeans/plus-size-black-coated-high-waisted-skinny-jeans_351447701

I've got these ..... And love them. Possibly a fraction long on me but I've worn with boots mainly and I've just tucked them in a bit / wrinkled around the ankle with shoes!

MeMyElfandI Sat 12-Dec-15 20:43:31

DML40 raves about the New Look ones. I have ordered some navy coated super skinny ones from Boden, look good but come up big, have had to go down 2 sizes. I would say I am a 18/20 but the 20 miles to big, 18 fit but felt that they may stretch too much when worn and go saggy/wrinkly so 16 winging their way to me. Boden also do black coated ones too

Serenite Sat 12-Dec-15 22:26:10

I'm not sure how to do links but the next coated leggings are really flattering on and I find you'll need a size down, about £28. They have a seam down the front, I've bought a few of these, ones for every day and one to keep for special - they are kind if timeless these days. Also m&s coated jeggings, again about £25. Is it this type of thing you were after or other types of jeans?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now