Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Does anyone use Makeupalley.com?

(12 Posts)
Destinysdaughter Fri 11-Dec-15 18:56:59

I love coming on MN and finding out about products, much prefer it to magazines as no one has an agenda to push, however when someone has recommended a product I'll often go on Makeupalley.com to see what other pp have said about it. Obviously we're all different so one product will not suit everyone but I do like to see a range of opinions. Anyone else use it?

maybemyrtle Fri 11-Dec-15 19:08:36

Used to - wrote lots of reviews too. Still a great resource but lost some of its punch and content when everyone and her dog starting writing blogs.

sksk Fri 11-Dec-15 21:00:29

Yes! Only for reviews, though. I don't look at the blogs. I love it!

Spilose Fri 11-Dec-15 21:02:49

I look at the reviews

Couldashouldawoulda Fri 11-Dec-15 21:02:53

Yes - I used to use it a lot when I had more time, pre-DC. I think it suffers from fake reviews more than MN does, though...

SparklyTinselTits Fri 11-Dec-15 21:03:49

I use it to post reviews and read reviews smile every product in the world seems to be on there!

southeastastra Fri 11-Dec-15 21:09:53

i use it to read reviews but usually after i've bought something!

Destinysdaughter Fri 11-Dec-15 21:35:12

How can you tell if the reviews are real or fake?

FashionLover1 Wed 16-Dec-15 12:44:46

Yes, always.

TurduckenForDinner Wed 16-Dec-15 12:54:52

I try to read the reviews on there before I buy something new as I often have a bad reaction to skin products.

Couldashouldawoulda Wed 16-Dec-15 13:39:31

If there are a small handful of gushing reviews about - usually a new, very expensive product - I tend to be suspicious that they aren't real!

Naicecuppatea Wed 16-Dec-15 14:16:02

I use it alot and have done for years. I like the boards too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: