Talk

Advanced search

Size18+ - please tell me what you wore for your Christmas Do, or are planning to?

(18 Posts)
srtajuanita Fri 11-Dec-15 18:26:30

I went shopping today and nothing at all grabbed my attention. I could wear a maxi, leggings and top or midi dress. Bad legs, good boobs. Please inspire me!

tethersend Fri 11-Dec-15 20:06:31

This is nice.

steakpunararemediumwelldone Fri 11-Dec-15 21:16:40

This might not be your thing but I always wear lady v London stuff. It is ace.
ladyvlondon.com/Plus-Size-Vintage-Dresses/

PlaymobilPirate Fri 11-Dec-15 21:34:58

I'm contemplating this : link

Never bought online before as I'm crap at sending stuff back but choice in shops is rubbish!

tigerdriverII Fri 11-Dec-15 21:46:09

This is anathema to s&b afficionados but have you got a Roman near you? I got a silver sheath/ shift dress for Xmas parties. It was £40 and looks a lot more expensive, and fits my size 20 bulk very well, especially if dressed up with good accessories. They have ghastly tat and then one or two good pieces if you spend time sorting through it.

srtajuanita Sat 12-Dec-15 09:09:24

You know what, I like all your choices. I think it just shows how bad things are in "bricks and mortar" shops if the best picks are online. Also, more retro lines suit curves better. Thanks.

Heyheyheygoodbye Sat 12-Dec-15 09:13:05

I'm wearing a dark green fit-and-flare dress with 3/4 length sleeves and a bit of frippery on the cuffs and hem. Can't link as not on the site anymore. I do recommend shopping online for plus-size clothes in general though.

srtajuanita Sat 12-Dec-15 11:02:36

Frippery - that's what I need more of in my life fgrin

magicpuppy Sat 12-Dec-15 11:27:03

If I had a Christmas party to go to I think I might wear this

I tried it on (size 18) and it was lovely but I don't have anywhere to wear it at the moment.

NapoleonsNose Sat 12-Dec-15 11:30:42

I've bought that dress magicpuppy. I'm a 16 but with massive boobs and I thought it might be quite flattering. Sadly, on me, its really clingy and makes my arse look huge! It's a shame as it was a bargain.

magicpuppy Sat 12-Dec-15 11:36:50

That's a pity napoleon. Will you be able to return it? I'm an apple and an 18 on top but smaller on the bottom so maybe that it why I thought it looked ok on me.

NapoleonsNose Sat 12-Dec-15 11:41:26

Yes, I can take it back. I have a 'do' tonight that I was planning on wearing it for, and thought it would be nice and sparkly and festive. I do have a largish arse at the best of times, so that's probably why it didn't look great. Never mind, I have a fall back dress, so all OK smile

Zola1980 Sat 12-Dec-15 12:39:23

i also have that tesco dress (size 18) - big tum, smaller boobs and thought it looked good! there's another similar one that has a v neck back that i thought looks nice too (but not tried on!)

CakeThat Sat 12-Dec-15 17:38:57

Top from Wallis with black trousers. Their stuff is pretty flattering and the sizes are very generous.

srtajuanita Sat 12-Dec-15 21:38:40

Off to check out Wallis now smile

Kraggle Sat 12-Dec-15 21:40:54

I wore a black wrap dress from Asos with red tights and a red necklace, bracelet and clutch bag.

JennaRoss Sun 13-Dec-15 08:52:43

Standard LBD from Wallis safe but a bit boring compared to the lovely dresses everyone else has.

srtajuanita Sun 13-Dec-15 09:57:03

Jenna, the lace makes it gawjus. I bet you look stunning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now