Talk

Advanced search

Crossbody bags? I need a black one & a tan or navy one!

(21 Posts)
teacher1984 Thu 10-Dec-15 22:07:25

Any recommendations?

I need a black one for winter but a navy or tan one for spring/summer/Autumn.

Small-medium size. Big enough to fit wallet, phone, make-up, keys.

What's nice right now?

itsmeohlord Thu 10-Dec-15 22:09:22

I will probably go up in a puff of smoke for saying this on MN, but you can't go wrong with a Radley! They do cross body bags in several sizes and colours.

OutToGetYou Thu 10-Dec-15 22:39:08

Well, I'm also looking for one. I have a Radley one but it's too small and all I carry is purse, kindle, phone, keys, work pass, lip balm. So I'm looking for a bigger one. I have bigger ones but not neat and black.

The best I found was Fiorelli in John Lewis, they had two nice ones, both £49, one slightly bigger than the other (ooh look, I still had the pics on my phone and have attached them) . Not for me because I want leather and they aren't, but if that doesn't bother you I thought they were nice and good value.

I am vaguely considering the Mulberry one but really don't think I can spend that amount on a handbag.

jamtartandcustard Thu 10-Dec-15 22:42:48

I really really want this one m.cathkidston.com/leather-bags/small-leather-cross-body-bag-1016700
But also love this one www.radley.co.uk/millbank-165126

ouryve Thu 10-Dec-15 23:00:32

I have a nice simple black Radley one that I picked up at their outlet. I really covet a Radley Grosvenor, though - and as it's reduced, I might just get it.
www.radley.co.uk/grosvenor-medium-zip-top-cross-body-bag/

Cellardoor1 Thu 10-Dec-15 23:02:50

I have my eye on this one. Love the nude colour with the black. There's also a black studded version which I quite like too.

www.katespade.co.uk/uk/cobble-hill-small-toddy/invt/pxru6223?color=clock%20tower/black

youngestisapsycho Thu 10-Dec-15 23:05:15

Kipling have a sale at the moment....

ouryve Thu 10-Dec-15 23:12:19

In fact, thank you for starting this thread and happy Christmas to me. JL have a much better discount on a bgger range of shapes!
www.johnlewis.com/radley-grosvenor-medium-leather-shoulder-bag/p1857585?colour=Tan#media-overlay_show

The large one is properly lage.

Muddlewitch Thu 10-Dec-15 23:23:48

I love these bags. I have a probably stupid question though for those that use them - how do you wear it? When I wear them the strap goes down the middle of my chest (between norks) and looks awful. Is there a knack to it?

teacher1984 Thu 10-Dec-15 23:49:02

Love the Kate Spade!

VacheEspanol Thu 10-Dec-15 23:53:44

What's your budget? I have a beautiful bag from here www.lewesianleathers.co.uk/shop/

ouryve Fri 11-Dec-15 00:11:25

The knack is being thankful for free hands!

Cheesymonster Fri 11-Dec-15 06:21:31

muddle I bring the bag round to the front of my right hip so the strap sits on top of my chest and sort of skims my boobs rather than cut straight between them which it does if the bag is resting on my bum.

BrendaandEddie Fri 11-Dec-15 06:28:47

Why cross body?

amarmai Fri 11-Dec-15 14:58:28

Coach have a lovely selection of crossbody bags. Good quality and value.

Cellardoor1 Fri 11-Dec-15 17:07:45

I didn't mention coach because it seems I'm always recommending them on here but yes, coach!

This one (which coincidentallyI'm hoping DH has bought me for Christmas wink) fits the bill

Higge Fri 11-Dec-15 18:22:06

shop.campomaggi.com/eu/small-crossbody-bag-c3274-vlqtc#2002 Love this!

Youremywifenow Fri 11-Dec-15 18:57:10

Marc Jacobs Natasha:
www.selfridges.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/FhBrowse?freeText=natasha&srch=Y

Comes in 2 sizes

teacher1984 Fri 11-Dec-15 19:01:33

Love the MJ smile

Will check out Coach too

mejon Fri 11-Dec-15 21:26:15

I have this one which looks similar to some of the others that have been linked to (but cheaper!). I can fit a pretty large purse, my phone and some other bits and bobs into it and the flappy bit is handy for keeping work passes etc. in safely. Comes in tan too.

OutToGetYou Fri 11-Dec-15 22:36:57

That Accessorise one would do me fine, I'm going to have a look at that at the weekend.
For me, they have to have a proper strap, not just one of those clip on secondary straps which are really spindly.
As for wearing across the body, yes, they go between my boobs, but who cares? I just like being able to march around and grab stair rails to stop me tumbling over, with my hands free not worrying about a bag. I carry a laptop bag too so have to take that into account.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now