Talk

Advanced search

How do you wear a cape?? Are they flattering? Larger chest advice please!

(10 Posts)
Cuttysarky Thu 10-Dec-15 21:10:37

Hello! I've bee eyeballing a few capes on various websites, casual types, but want to know how exactly you wear them? Just drape over shoulders and hope it stays on? Would fastening with a big kilt pin look naff?? And are they ever flattering for larger chests? Thanks in advance for any advice and opinions!

Allbymyselfagain Thu 10-Dec-15 21:52:59

Do you mean a cape or a wrap? All my capes have buttons and sleeves so they sit like coats. Have you got a link?

Cuttysarky Thu 10-Dec-15 22:26:56

One like this?
m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/asos/asos-colour-blocked-wrap-cape/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5716725&clr=Multi&SearchQuery=Cape&pgesize=50&pge=0&totalstyles=250&gridsize=2&gridrow=10&gridcolumn=1

Allbymyselfagain Thu 10-Dec-15 23:15:52

Oh pretty, I have a similar cut one from accesorise. They do hold up quite well and I used to flick one end over my shoulder if it got cold. Mine also has a sem across both shoulders to give it a bit more grip and looking on the pattern that one does too.
I have seen people fasten with a belt rather than a pin, I think unless you have a gorgeous statement pin that could look a bit old fashioned

TheSpottedZebra Thu 10-Dec-15 23:21:28

Get cape. Wear cape. Fly.

TheSpottedZebra Thu 10-Dec-15 23:22:46

I think the pin would be a bit much, and it wpuld be a right old faff to put on, as you'd need one hand inside to make sure it didn't go through and wreck your clothes. Belted if it's really windy or you need free hands.

Cuttysarky Fri 11-Dec-15 00:02:51

Oh, a belt! That looks good! Great photos thanks!
And yes, get cape, wear cape, fly!! Bringing back memories! Now I want to buy a cape and embroider that on the back!

y0rkier0se Fri 11-Dec-15 00:21:15

I tried belt with cape but found it really restricted the arms!

Higge Fri 11-Dec-15 07:11:31

I tried a few, they didn't work....odd arm thing, made boobs, look huge. I really wanted one but they are not to be.

herecomesthsun Fri 11-Dec-15 07:25:20

In the 80s, I used to wear a wrap around my shoulders a bit like this, maybe higher. I had a small waist that I dressed to emphasise, so I needed to keep the bulk of the material high up.

I think if you have slender legs and want to show them off, a cape would work quite well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now