Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gift for colleague

(5 Posts)
Xmas2015SantaB4438 Thu 10-Dec-15 16:56:20

Help! I've been tasked with ordering a gift for a colleague who is leaving the company. Have about £40 to spend. She's in the US so really it n3eds to be ordered on Amazon to make sure we can get it to her by next Friday. I've been scrolling through stuff for hours, found a gorgeous necklace and earrings set then found out from her DH that she doesn't wear danglies.

So I know she likes silver rather than gold, she's 44 and a bigger lady. We are great friends so it n3eds to be something fabulous. We have never met in person, so I don't know all of her tastes, we just gossip on the phone!

Any ideas truly welcome, jewelry or otherwise!

Xmas2015SantaB4438 Thu 10-Dec-15 16:57:20

Dang it I forgot to change my name back!

CheersMedea Thu 10-Dec-15 17:54:46

What about a personalised mug maybe with a photo of something amusing work related/her and her colleagues and a message saying something about "from everyone at [XYZ] company, we'll miss you and good luck" type combo?

(Not sure why you felt the need to put in that she was "a bigger lady" btw. How does that help?)

Xmas2015SantaB4438 Thu 10-Dec-15 18:46:01

Sorry yes I meant to say I had thought about a bracelet but having never met her I don't know what size she would need. I wasn't being rude I bloody love her and I'm really going to miss her! Haven't got any team photos, we are all located in different parts of the world.

What about a cashmere scarf? She liv3s in a cold part of the US. Good idea or not?

CheersMedea Thu 10-Dec-15 18:54:59

I wouldn't because scarves are v. personal - in terms of what colours people like. and some people don't like wool/cashmere/silk etc.

What about one of those laser cut paperweight block type things - that sort of look like a miniature award? Personalised with a thanks etc message.

Or something like this with your UK office and the USA office?

www.notonthehighstreet.com/threadsquirrel/product/any-two-countries-map-cushion

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now