Talk

Advanced search

Help! Ive fallen out with hairdresser, XMas party tomorrow

(15 Posts)
MumoftheBoulevard Thu 10-Dec-15 10:20:37

Hi All I could do with come advice about my hair. Its curly and just past shoulder length, I recently (October) started colouring it again after a three year break due to pregnancy etc - I stopped colouring then decided to grow all the dye out. So last time I went to a new salon that has opened up in the town, explained I was hesitant to colour again as Id just finished growing all out. She said just have an 8 wash colour and I went with that, was really pleased and its now time to get my roots done. Ive since fell out with that hairdresser and cancelled the repeat apt I had booked (non hair related issue).

Anyway would you advise me to home colour my hair with a semi-permanent colour in time for my works party tomorrow? Or leave it. I dark brown anyway and not many greys. Just wondering if a semi-perm would give it that nice shine and bounce for Christmas that Im looking for or is it not worth bothering? Sorry its long!

MumoftheBoulevard Thu 10-Dec-15 10:21:29

Another option is to try and get in with another salon but its very short notice and Im not sure it would make a huge amount of difference.

Dowser Thu 10-Dec-15 10:52:19

Used to love harmony home hair dyes. I don't think you can get them anymore. They made my hair really shiny.

I'd probably give it a go. A bit of loreal cause I'm worth it wouldn't hurt...would it? I'd be going for a light auburn ;-)

MumoftheBoulevard Thu 10-Dec-15 11:29:08

thanks Dowser. Im so bloody indecisive about my hair it took me three years to put a colour back on it! Not hopeful of coming to a decision in 24 hours ;)

PitPatKitKat Thu 10-Dec-15 18:07:52

Superdrug Colours effects- work well and cost £1.49

cuntycowfacemonkey Thu 10-Dec-15 18:19:56

How does one fall out with one's hairdresser <nosey and unhelpful>

ProjectGainsborough Thu 10-Dec-15 18:44:58

I know this wrong but ... why did you fall out with the hairdresser?

Dowser Thu 10-Dec-15 18:47:04

You can still buy harmony..a bit of auburn and you should have glossy locks.

GreenHamNoeggs Thu 10-Dec-15 20:02:50

Nice & Easy semi permanent should work a treat flowers

Youvegottobekidding Thu 10-Dec-15 21:56:46

As PitPatKitKat suggested the Superdrug colour effects are fab, leave it in for up to 20 mins for a more noticeable look. I've used the warm copper gold, the true chestnut & mahogany which are all really nice colours. The only thing I find is that I need to use my regular conditioner after I've rinsed it out.

MumoftheBoulevard Fri 11-Dec-15 08:37:28

I went with country colours Brazil dark Brown which I found in uber glamorous B&M of all places! I don't like Auburn I like golden browns rather than ones with too much red in.

We fell out about a groupon deal she had put on the internet which she wouldn't let me have as it was for new customers only. But it didn't say that on the groupon until after I had bought it. She would not let me se the groupon and pay the rest in cash either. Think she just wants new people through the door not repeat business so I told her to cancel my apt and I think I did the right thing. I will find a hairdresser that rewards loyalty smile

Dowser Fri 11-Dec-15 08:52:50

Wow! She doesn't deserve your trade.

Don't blame you. I was always told in business that the hardest thing is attracting new customers through your door.once you've got them then make sure you keep them.

Stupid woman.cant believe she did that over a few pounds. I bet none of your friends will want to go to her either.

Glad you were pleased with your hair.

MumoftheBoulevard Fri 11-Dec-15 10:04:03

Her prerogative I guess but I do feel a littlemiffed at falling out as she did my hair nicely. I am a principle girl though so will hold myself to it.

Wouldn't say I was happy with it yet, I got my DH to dye it last night but then fell asleep before styling it so its a mess this morning, I have this afternoon to whip it into shape!

cuntycowfacemonkey Fri 11-Dec-15 13:06:43

Oh I see, good for you I would have done the same. Never understood why people only want to reward new customers instead of working to retain regular ones.

ProjectGainsborough Sat 12-Dec-15 22:56:02

Ooh, that's totally wrong of her. Good for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now