Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone hazard a guess at 'my colours'?

(15 Posts)
Favouritethings Thu 10-Dec-15 07:19:23

I'd love to do HOC, but as I know a few colours that do/don't suit me, I thought someone here might be able to tell me my colours?
Best colours - coral, cobalt blue
Good colours - navy blue, maroon ( I think it's maroon?! Maybe more of a burgundy) emerald green, grey
Bad colours - camel, light pink, brown, khaki
I'm naturally ash blonde, dark blue/grey eyes and of pale complexion

Hopefully Thu 10-Dec-15 07:35:35

You've got colours from every season there! (I'm s HoC consultant). There are a few reasons: we often have the odd off-palette colour that looks good, and often people will compliment us on a colour that actually is so wildly wrong for us that all they see is the colour, not you at all. Also if there is someone you do/used to shop a lot with (mum/sister/best friend), a few of their favourite colours will end up as your 'best' ones, because every time you don something in 'their' colours you'll be complimented. My mother still goes on about how nice I look in pale blue (I look like a corpse) because it's one of her best colours.

Destinysdaughter Thu 10-Dec-15 09:56:42

Was wondering if you might be a Summer? Have a look at this link and see if it resonates with you?

www.thechicfashionista.com/summer-color-analysis.html

Favouritethings Thu 10-Dec-15 11:42:09

Oh dear now I'm confused, there are some summer colours where I see ones I'm sure I do/don't look good in!
I tend to shop alone so it's no one else's influence. Sounds as though I should take the plunge and get a professional opinion. hopefully how far are you from Bedfordshire?!

Favouritethings Thu 10-Dec-15 11:44:34

Are coral and cobalt blue different seasons because I really thought they suited me! confused

Destinysdaughter Thu 10-Dec-15 12:38:50

That's why you do need to get it done for real as you have to sit in front of a mirror, in natural light with no make up whilst the consultant drapes different colours around you so she can see which colours light up your face and which drag you down. I was addicted to black until I literally saw the colour drain from my face after the consultant removed the scarf with my colours on! I'm an Autumn which I initially hated but I do love my colours now, makes shopping so much easier and I now have a wardrobe of fab colours that suit me and go with each other.

Hopefully Thu 10-Dec-15 12:57:52

I'm bloody miles away, sadly! Devon.

Coral and cobalt the way I describe them are different seasons, but sometimes someone will have a name for a colour that isn't what I would call it, iykwim, so they may be in the same season.

Floisme Thu 10-Dec-15 19:18:50

I may be missing something but, as long as you can see which colours suit or don't suit you, does it really matter what season you are?

Spidertracker Thu 10-Dec-15 19:34:23

I don't believe in colours and seasons.
If you know what looks good on you why do you need someone else to tell you what to wear.
I know I look good in red, purple, teal, deep yellow, dark emerald green, royal blue, orange. The deep but bright jewel colours, I can't wear pastels, I can wear black but not grey. I don't need someone to tell me they aren't in the same pallette.

RosieLig Thu 10-Dec-15 19:38:10

I suit those colours although more the pinky coral than the orangey one. I'm dark haired and eyed and am a cool deep/ I think sultry winter.

CreviceImp Sat 12-Dec-15 22:09:08

Look at the sci/art palette for bright winter- might give you some ideas to further extend your idea on colour combinations but I agree with Spidertracker -it is useful as a rough guide at best.

TeenyfTroon Sat 12-Dec-15 22:12:06

Hopefully, where in Devon? Do you do men? I'm asking for my DS!

Hopefully Sun 13-Dec-15 09:25:22

Teeny I'm in Totnes, but also travel for clients who prefer that and pay for it. And yes, I have plenty of male clients.

I should find a way of writing that in a way that makes me sound less like a hooker...

wilmawebb Sun 13-Dec-15 12:23:15

When I had my colours done the HOC consultant told me that quite often the colours you choose for your home decor are the colours that suit you clothes wise. This did seem to be true for both my sister and myself. She is Autumn and I am summer.

Charitygirl1 Sun 13-Dec-15 18:45:35

Yes Wilma - I was surprised to be an Autumn but then I thought about my chartreuse living room, and my orange kitchen, and my yellow cupboards....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now