Talk

Advanced search

work wear inspiration

(14 Posts)
PeppermintInfusion Wed 09-Dec-15 12:58:32

My workwear wardrobe is limited and needs an overhaul but nothing is appealing when I trawl the Internet.

Can anyone recommend any brands for a size 14-16 30 something who is ample of thigh and bosom?

I want to stay away from patterns as hoping for a mix and match wardrobe. I don't need to wear a suit but do need to look smart.

littlebearsmummy Wed 09-Dec-15 13:07:21

Have literally come on to ask the same question! Will join the queue for ideas!

amarmai Wed 09-Dec-15 13:49:25

jaeger outlet has great workwear.

PeppermintInfusion Wed 09-Dec-15 16:43:13

I was looking at the jaegar site, but didn't want to pay too much as I've so much to buy but I'll give the outlet a go, thanks!
I also had a look at Hobbs, but think their stuff is a bit too much formal suiting or plain at the minute.

Nicegreenhandbag Wed 09-Dec-15 18:30:54

Keeping away from patterns and Hobbs too plain?

Ok. Well I have a selection of black plain tops then wear knee length patterned or colourful skirts. Any good?

Nicegreenhandbag Wed 09-Dec-15 18:33:15

H & M
White stuff ( the less mummy stuff)
Laura Ashley (be selective)
I go back to jaeger outlet all the time.
TK Maxx -just bought some nice navy cigarette pants and wear plain or coloured tops with them.

PeppermintInfusion Wed 09-Dec-15 19:01:57

I like Hobbs but find some of their stuff a bit bland or in danger of being frumpy if you wear it a certain way. Also their tops seem really short on me.

Great success with Jaegar outlet though! Great colour palette too.

I wish I had the time to go for a rummage in tk maxx as I've got some bargains in the past, but I need to do my shopping online at the minute.

Forgot about Laura Ashley and WS, agree you need to select carefully though.

Nicegreenhandbag Wed 09-Dec-15 19:05:07

eBay is good too. Get my skirts there.

Behooven Wed 09-Dec-15 19:14:19

Another vote for ebay and Jaeger onebay. I've had some lovely new stuff for a fraction of the price.

Behooven Wed 09-Dec-15 19:14:56

Jaeger on ebay! no onebay

Behooven Wed 09-Dec-15 19:15:33

not

Aaaagh

PeppermintInfusion Wed 09-Dec-15 19:29:07

Love eBay, I get brand inspiration then set up eBay alerts/use outlet sellers on eBay. I found 2 Boden dresses, grey wool and green tweed, even though I'm not a massive Boden fan and I've picked up a Hobbs today coat too for a bargain. A successful day's internet shopping!

My style has changed so much recently, I'm starting from scratch, even DH has said I need more clothes shock

Behooven Wed 09-Dec-15 21:41:03

Yy, I got gorgeous LK Bennett shoes last week for £5! They don't even look worn - bargain

Nicegreenhandbag Wed 09-Dec-15 22:31:09

Agree on eBay searches for all the stuff we can't afford!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now