Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shall I cut my own hair?

(8 Posts)
Uphillanddowndale12 Tue 08-Dec-15 18:27:21

I'm fed up with hairdressers who make a mess of cutting my hair. This year I worked out that I've probably been to about 12 different hairdressers and paid out about £600 and all I've got to show for this is a short sticky out uneven style that makes me look like worzel gummidges auntie!! I've tried local and city and expensive and cheaper, recommended salons, etc

I've decided I'm going to grow my hair out for about 3 months and do the mumsnet cut on it - OR, I can try to find someone to cut it properly when I've grown it out. What do you think I should do? What's the mumsnet wisdom on this?

unpackyoursuitcase Tue 08-Dec-15 18:31:20

No wisdom but when I couldn't afford even a dry trim I cut my own. Didn't have a choice, had no money. Often do my own fringe. I have short hair so it is out of shape and untidy after 6 weeks,

GloriaHotcakes Tue 08-Dec-15 18:35:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Uphillanddowndale12 Tue 08-Dec-15 18:46:25

Ooh, thanks Gloria and Unpack that was quick! Did you do the mumsnet cut or what?

chocadd1ct Tue 08-Dec-15 21:32:09

I cut my own hair and I get asked regularly which hairdresser I go to grin

Dowser Wed 09-Dec-15 10:20:06

Why not go for an easy maintain acne style like a long bob . You'd only need a trim every couple of months?

Surely someone could do that.

Dowser Wed 09-Dec-15 10:20:44

Why not go for an easy maintainance style like a long bob . You'd only need a trim every couple of months?

Surely someone could do that.

Uphillanddowndale12 Wed 09-Dec-15 10:39:13

Yes, Dowser I'm thinking of a long shaggy bob as my hair is thick and wavy/ kinky. I've found a stylist who worked at Vidal sassoons and is classically trained who runs a small side street salon, so I might try him in a few months time when my hairs grown out - Or do it myself. See I'm still undecided

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now