Talk

Advanced search

Casual Everyday Bag for Work - Not Floral!

(7 Posts)
Reasontobelieve Tue 08-Dec-15 16:31:08

I'm looking for an everyday bag that I can use for work. Budget about £70.00. It has to be large enough to contain a standard A4 folder.

I thought about an Orla Kiely from the previous season on their website. Unfotunately, everything that I liked was sold out. I was also quite surprised by the feel of the fabric when I looked at them in John Lewis - they seemed rather thin and plasticky.

I bought my current bag from Boden about 4 years ago and it is on its last legs. The material is man-made, but is substantial. It is a dark blue colour with red spots and It looks smart if I go out after work. They no longer sell the same range of bags and there is nothing suitable on their site.

I like the feel of Cath Kidston bags but find the floral/spotted designs a bit twee.

So I guess that I am looking for a strong bag, with a geometric print, that doesn't look like a school bag if I go straight out after work. Any ideas?

CarpetDiem Tue 08-Dec-15 18:38:38

www.tkmaxx.com/view-all-womens-new-in/monochrome-zig-zag-tote-bag/invt/11448537

everythingsgoingsouth Tue 08-Dec-15 18:53:43

there's a lot of Orla Kielys on amazon, have you had a look there as well as the website?

everythingsgoingsouth Tue 08-Dec-15 18:57:43

uk.longchamp.com/pliage/product/84096

lovely!

everythingsgoingsouth Tue 08-Dec-15 19:02:33

and you can personalise the le pliage smile

everythingsgoingsouth Wed 09-Dec-15 19:48:21

oh did I kill the thread??

Reasontobelieve Thu 10-Dec-15 11:52:19

No you didn't! Thanks for all the really useful suggestions...I went to TK Maxx yesterday and saw several contenders for my new bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now