Talk

Advanced search

Small luxurious hair product needed for dd stocking.

(20 Posts)
BertrandRussell Tue 08-Dec-15 16:25:01

She has long red hair that she straightens when she has time. Is there a magic shine producing product I could put in her stocking? Her hair has a good natural shine' but she always comments on celebrity mirror like hair! Or is it just the lighting and the hairdresser touching them up every 10 minutes?

myotherusernameisbetter Tue 08-Dec-15 16:33:12

I don't know about luxury, but I really like John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Agent Perfecting Creme.

I've had the same tube for years so it doesn't seem to be exactly the same now but I think it's this:

www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=250657479&gclid=CJ7XkNXXzMkCFUiv2wodsBsNMw&gclsrc=aw.ds

A lot of it is to do with the drying too - she needs to be blowing down from top to the ends to smooth the hair.

I just put a tiny drop of the above onto my hands and rub them together a bit and smooth down from the top - it doesn't leave it greasy or anything.

I get lots of compliments and I have got old lady hair albeit perfectly straight without the use of straighteners but proper blow drying.

PitPatKitKat Tue 08-Dec-15 16:52:17

Mirror hair is probably spray silicone/silicone products, which could dry her hair over over time if it builds up.

Savagebeauty Tue 08-Dec-15 16:53:37

Something by Aveda?

LondonHuffyPuffy Tue 08-Dec-15 17:05:07

This from Aveda is great stuff. it's expensive but it lasts ages as you only need to use a very small amount. Might be too expensive for a stocking filler though?

If it's serum you want, I really like the ones by Kerastase. I have the moringa oil one, it smells lovely & is not heavy.

FredaMayor Tue 08-Dec-15 17:21:41

Some Olaplex, its worth the money IME, you can get it on Amazon.
See Caroline Hirons' vlog on it.

BertrandRussell Tue 08-Dec-15 17:38:24

Gosh- I'm afraid my mind is boggling at some of those prices! I suddenly feel very old......

PitPatKitKat Tue 08-Dec-15 17:48:16

Well, staring at your desk whilst pondering the distinction between knowledge by acquaintance and knowledge by description is work of a slightly different pace than the hair and beauty industry.

As is attempting the expression of all mathematics via symbolic logic.

Maybe you and Alfred could open up a salon together instead? You could call it the Shampoo and Set.

BertrandRussell Tue 08-Dec-15 17:52:32

Good idea. Have you seen our hair???????

The pipe smoke is a constant problem...........

PitPatKitKat Tue 08-Dec-15 17:59:00

Well, it couldn't be much more difficult than starting a school now could it.

Though don't let Witters anywhere near the curling tongs. He's bad enough around pokers.

this is lovely and cheap, only need a couple of drops so lasts ages. if you have £20 to budget then GHD Advanced Split End Therapy is luscious too.

WhiteHairReally Tue 08-Dec-15 19:41:15

My daughter has asked for L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil.

cranberryx Tue 08-Dec-15 19:43:31

My personal favourites are:

Lee Stafford Shine Head Spray Shine 200ml www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006NUV8B6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_vkZzwbHT151D3

TIGI Headrush Shine - 200 ml www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002AF3GG8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_flZzwbJFPTMYJ

Both under £10 smile

thecrimsonpetal Tue 08-Dec-15 21:08:47

Rather than a styling product/serum type thing, have you seen ionic hairbrushes before? I really really want one, saw one being demonstrated on one of the shopping channels before and it looked great. Meant to be really good for shine as it smooths the hair cuticles.

www.amazon.co.uk/BaByliss-HB50U-Brilliant-Shine/dp/B00CTPT802/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449608806&sr=8-1&keywords=ionic+hairbrush

Pantsalive Wed 09-Dec-15 13:37:00

PitPatKitKat smile

Lndnmummy Wed 09-Dec-15 15:07:02

I would give a mini maroccan oil

Tate15 Wed 09-Dec-15 15:27:48

Lush do hair products, get her something from there.

Tate15 Wed 09-Dec-15 15:28:38

uk.lush.com/products/treatments

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Wed 09-Dec-15 15:44:38

Elvive hair oil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now