Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find some comfy boots please!

(16 Posts)
Porcupinepantaloons Tue 08-Dec-15 12:52:33

I want some comfy, flat ankle boots. They need to have fairly forgiving soles as after a bout of plantar fasciitis years ago it comes back if my soles are too hard iyswim.

So I've got some here
And some black suede rocket dog boots - although they haven't worn very well. The soles haven't lasted too long.

I'm looking for something casual, comfy, flat and ankle boot or maybe a low calf height.

Please help me! wine

MrsLogicFromViz Tue 08-Dec-15 15:13:13

Those DMs look great, do be aware that certain styles can come up rather wide, so if you can try them on IRL it would be beneficial. Consider the ankle boot version of the Violas I'm currently wearing. They're warm, comfy and I can walk for miles in them. Sorry I cannot link as I'm on my phone, but they're available in black/dark brown/red colourways.

MrsLogicFromViz Tue 08-Dec-15 15:17:27

The style name is Karin, Charla is slightly higher; Viola sits 6cm away from my knee with an elasticated gusset. I'm 5ft 9in.

abear Tue 08-Dec-15 15:24:51

Fly London are good for plantar fasciitis in my experience and very comfortable.

Porcupinepantaloons Tue 08-Dec-15 20:12:29

I have those DMs I linked to above, but I've worn through the heel lining so they rub after a while. sad

mrs logic I like those Karins but they look very similar to what I have. I was hoping for something a bit different, but will still hunt them out in the DM shop when I go. The other ones are too high (in the leg) for me I think.

abear what are the fly London ones like for wearing. There were some nice looking brown, brogue style lace up boots in office today. But the soles seemed so soft and rubbery that I worried they would wear through in one winter. especially for £100!

Porcupinepantaloons Tue 08-Dec-15 20:13:34

these

Tanyaaah Tue 08-Dec-15 20:14:52

I've got the DMs and they seemed amazingly comfy when I tried them on but they are too roomy inside and cause my feet to slide about, causing foot pain. I have skinny long feet though.

hugoagogo Tue 08-Dec-15 20:25:34

I have some cats a bit like this but not so shineygrin

Very comfy and super hardwearing.

hugoagogo Tue 08-Dec-15 20:30:51

Ah actually these are more like it.

MrsLogicFromViz Tue 08-Dec-15 21:42:41

Ooh, like the Cat boots!

Good luck OPgrin

Pantsalive Wed 09-Dec-15 13:26:40

Fitflop boots are great. Really comfortable. I have a pair that has lasted for years and I still wear them all the time.
www.fitflop.co.uk/en/womens/boots/#?sz=45

Much more comfortable than my Fly boots.

ggirl Wed 09-Dec-15 13:54:58

I have these in blue also have plantar fasciitis and they're very comfy .

Porcupinepantaloons Wed 09-Dec-15 17:18:41

ggirl oooh I like the style of those moshulu boots. What's the sizing like? I think I'm probably a 5.5 to a 6.

ggirl Wed 09-Dec-15 17:22:28

well I had to size up cos I have ridiculously wide feet
but they are quite wide already

Porcupinepantaloons Thu 10-Dec-15 21:46:48

I've ordered some moshulu boots here

Really hope they fit!

MrsLogicFromViz Sat 12-Dec-15 08:15:44

Moshulu must be on the same mailing list as Boden as I tend to get sent their catalogues. I don't bother opening them though as they don't sell a 9/43. angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now