Talk

Advanced search

Anyone recommend a product for dewy/glowy skin?

(24 Posts)
Oldisthenewblack Tue 08-Dec-15 00:04:38

Can anyone recommend a product that gives a subtle, 'dewy' glow to the skin? Preferably something easy to apply with no faffing. I keep seeing things in Superdrug and Boots, but never know which ones will work, so thought I'd request recommendations smile.

I have dry skin, so apply heaps of moisturiser, so I'd need something to slap on after that if possible. Oh, and I don't wear any make up, so I'm hoping for a product that isn't a foundation.

Thanks in advance!

hollinhurst84 Tue 08-Dec-15 02:44:58

Lush - feeling younger
Niod - photography fluid (online only I think)

Can mix either with foundation

hollinhurst84 Tue 08-Dec-15 02:52:22

Googling shows me Rimmel do a highlighter called good to glow which would mix with foundation
NYX - born to glow
Ooh revlon do a photo ready illuminator, I have the bare lights one which is lovely
Boots botanics radiance balm would go on over moisturiser

I have a highlight obsession so I will stop now grin
Have a dab of them, go for a liquid one and mix a blob with moisturiser

Nabootique Tue 08-Dec-15 09:04:21

I've tried all sorts and the best thing I've found is the Becca Backlighting Primer, available from Cult Beauty, for all over dewiness.

Oldisthenewblack Tue 08-Dec-15 12:18:02

Thanks for your suggestion - I am reasearching them all now grin - There was something I used to use years ago and I think that was by Revlon, hollinhurst, but I can't remember the name of it, just that it came in different shades.

I'm on a determined quest here. Thanks again!

SummerHouse Tue 08-Dec-15 12:22:45

Someone mentioned Benefit roll on stuff to me but I haven't tried it yet. I also want to be dewy. smile

Destinysdaughter Tue 08-Dec-15 12:37:37

Origins Vitazing is a lovely tinted moisturiser that gives a nice glow. It is £28 tho!

Destinysdaughter Tue 08-Dec-15 12:38:34

Prob best to get a sample and try it at home before splashing out!

Wolpertinger Tue 08-Dec-15 12:53:01

Dry skin? No makeup? - acid tone with glycolic acid.

Least fuss method would be pads so something like NipFab Glycolic fix or a product you don't use everyday like Alpha H Liquid Gold.

Makes your skin naturally glowy by exfoliating all the dead and dry stuff off.

You could then get carried away by using a hydrating product before your moisturiser like Hylamide (or Superdrug Hydrating Serum if on a budget) to up the hydration before you put your moisturiser on.

Really really carried away in the search for glow you would be using a retinol at night but if your skin is dry this might be a struggle - although one of the one's in oil might work. However budget for those is ££££. We are however drifting away from no fuss, no makeup, skin routine that takes seconds grin

DiorSausage Tue 08-Dec-15 12:59:09

MAC Strobe Cream
Benefit High Beam (or Moon Beam if you're yellow toned)
Revlon Skinlights (comes in a few different shades)
Sleek (can buy in Superdrug, Tesco) do liquid illuminators now which are fab. They also have a pallette (Solstice) which has two cream and two powder highlights. It's only about £7 so could be worth a punt. The cream ones anyway, powder a bit more tricky on bare skin.

All these products will work beautifully on well moisturised makeup free skin. Don't bother buying the Rimmel ones, they're rubbish.

DiorSausage Tue 08-Dec-15 13:00:48

Forgot another favourite, Benefit Girl Meets Pearl. Again, best if you have pink undertones. Beautiful subtle sheeny product.

Oldisthenewblack Tue 08-Dec-15 13:13:39

Oh my god, this is going to be a full time job.....grin

Will look into the glycoloc acid, wolper, have been meaning to look at that for a while. I think it was the 'acid' bit that put me off. I'm currently using Olay Regenerist 3 point serum and creams, plus massive dollops of Astral (can't beat it) in between. My skin doesn't look dry generally as it's so greased up, but left to it's own devices it falls asleep and just can't be bothered producing lubrication.

Am off out to spend some money now. Keep the suggestions coming, I have money to burn [wink[

Oldisthenewblack Tue 08-Dec-15 13:15:12

Clearly though, I have no grasp of grammar....blush

Destinysdaughter Tue 08-Dec-15 13:54:48

Oh good for you! Do come back and tell us how you get on....

Oldisthenewblack Tue 08-Dec-15 15:53:05

Just bought the Revlon Skinlights, DiorSausage. Will try it tomorrow. Think this is the updated version of the product I used to use many years ago....possibly even 15 years ago....I bought the Pink Light one as the Bare Light looked a bit dark for me. I'm rather pale.

Wolper - the glycolic acid pads look interesting, but the reviews seem to be from people with oily skin, so I'm a bit concerned they may be a bit harsh for my dry skin. The reviews mention how they help clear up blemishes and whatnot, and I don't really have any.

mowglik Tue 08-Dec-15 16:35:26

I didn't know the revlon skinlights was back out - I used to use it years ago mixed in with foundation (used pink light and bare light too) and it gave a lovely subtle glow.

I love Mac strobe cream but I apply this dabbed over foundation as otherwise it's too subtle

Vaseline on cheekbones (the teeniest tiniest amount) also gives a lovely natural glow - just rub a tiny bit between your palms then press your palms onto your cheekbones, bridge of nose and chin

PitPatKitKat Tue 08-Dec-15 16:50:40

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector for something shimmer, REN BB Creme for something without shimmer.

But second using an acid pad/toner/peel/mask. If you don't want to use a pad on a daily basis due to possible dryness, how about a mask or serum- REN radiance range has some good stuff.

Candycoco Tue 08-Dec-15 17:45:10

Benefit sun beam (works well with bronzer) or benefit girl meets pearl (for a pinky strobing effect). My 2 absolute faves!

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 08-Dec-15 20:17:51

Dior Glow Maximiser. One of the best recommendations I've ever had from Sali Hughes's column. A tube lasts at least a year so it is good value despite initial outlay!

toffeeboffin Tue 08-Dec-15 20:36:14

Do these products look good on everyone thought? As in, a 30-something slightly haggard looking person without razor sharp cheekbones?

Oldisthenewblack Tue 08-Dec-15 20:55:13

That's a good question, toffeeboffin - I should have mentioned that I'm 46, so I do have, ahem, a line or two. Wouldn't want anything to bring those out in all their glory. Not sure I have cheekbones either.

Tried a bit of the Revlon Skinlights earlier, and it looks fine, but the test for me is always what it looks like in daylight. I can see a bit of a pleasing glow, but that's with that there new fangled electric lighting.

hollinhurst84 Tue 08-Dec-15 21:09:46

Me wearing highlight in two pics. 31 and definitely no razor sharp cheekbones!

GoApeShit Tue 08-Dec-15 21:22:16

Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser. Bloody amazing. You won't regret it. Changed the way I see my skin.

Oldisthenewblack Wed 09-Dec-15 16:48:15

Ok, have tried the Revlon Skinlights today and it's not bad. It gives a slight shimmery, but not glittery, glow. I'm happy with it. Wasn't keen on the smell though. Still, that disappears once it's on. I mixed it with moisturiser today.

It's not EXACTLY what I was looking for, but then, I can't really say what I'm looking for with any precision. Just something that makes me look really fabulous. I'm aware that cosmetic surgery is the only thing that will work, but in the meantime, I'll continue my search....Thank you for all your suggestions. My next product will be something in the gycolic acid line......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now