Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for handbags-budget £300.

(24 Posts)
Ginandthecoconut Mon 07-Dec-15 23:17:11

My partner has offered to buy me a new handbag for Christmas. Which is great but I haven't a clue where to start. I know what I don't want- Michael Korrs, Radley, Fossil, DnKy etc.

Ideally a leather shoulder bag, medium size. Budget £300.

So far I appear to navigate towards incredibly expensive bags. I need to put my Hermes Birkins eyes to rest and find something in my budget. Tia

Cellardoor1 Mon 07-Dec-15 23:23:51

Coach? I have a few of their bags and the quality is good plus they look good and have loads of different options.

Ginandthecoconut Mon 07-Dec-15 23:33:33

Thank you, fab suggestion! I'm off to do some more googling smile

Higge Tue 08-Dec-15 05:40:54

shop.campomaggi.com/eu/

Ginandthecoconut Tue 08-Dec-15 09:00:55

Thanks, Higge. Another great suggestion!

herethereandeverywhere Tue 08-Dec-15 12:07:18

Try theoutnet.com (the Net a Porter outlet website). Lots of designers to choose from and plenty off the RRPs. There should be lots to choose from within that budget.

Cheesymonster Tue 08-Dec-15 19:04:59

I have the fossil Sydney satchel and I love it.

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 08-Dec-15 19:08:28

I really like Liebeskind bags, cheaper than that but really lovely.

Cellardoor1 Tue 08-Dec-15 19:09:57

I like the look of Sophie Hulme bags too. I think I've seen some of those on the Outnet in the past.

AyeAmarok Tue 08-Dec-15 19:22:42

Russell and Bromley!

Beautiful leather, they are usually around 275-300, classic and they don't have the vulgar massive tacky hardware, sparkles and all that shit.

<Huge fan>

poorbuthappy Tue 08-Dec-15 19:24:19

I have a campomaggi brown leather bag.
It's lovely and I wholeheartedly recommend them.
Easy company to deal with too.

Laska5772 Tue 08-Dec-15 20:13:02

DH is getting me a Radley Grosvenor for my birthday this weekend (lovely ,lovely man), and now entirely thanks to you Ginandthecoconut flowers he has just ordered the purple one I really wanted that I'd seen earlier on this Autumn in JL Oxford St ... but it was sold out everywhere when DH went to look last weekend on line and so he ended up ordering the Tan for me ....

BUT when I just went on the Radley website to get the link for you , they had one in!! .. so I grabbed it ,(so pleased!!) Of course one of them will be going back (I think it will be the tan though)

(Ah lovely , lovely MN S&B!!...)grin

Laska5772 Tue 08-Dec-15 20:15:33

oh.. just saw you didnt want Radley.. Ah well, I'm pleased with mine..

Ginandthecoconut Tue 08-Dec-15 23:06:33

Thank you all for your inspired suggestions. I have loads of bags and sites to look at! smile

Laska- i have nothing against Radley, I have a gorgeous tan shoulder Radley my partner brought for me at the beginning of the year. I would use it more but it's on the large side, which is great for all my 20+ lipsticks and other 'essentials ' not so great for my shoulder! Bloody great you've found the actual handbag you wanted. It's truly a gorgeous bag smile

polyhymnia Wed 09-Dec-15 00:05:57

Very much recommend Russell and Bromley. They have a very good selection in that price range and I've found they wear extremely well.

Nanofone Wed 09-Dec-15 00:09:02

Why would anyone spend £300 on a handbag ffs?! Give the money to Shelter or a food bank.

Tate15 Wed 09-Dec-15 01:00:15

How rude of you nanofone!

Perhaps the posters give to charity as well. Quite frankly it's none of your business what people spend their money on.

Personally I prefer animal charities to support as humans, you being a prime example, are not half as nice as animals! smile

Cellardoor1 Wed 09-Dec-15 01:30:48

Wow, great contribution Nanofone hmm

How about you spend your own money how you see fit and keep your judgemental opinions about how others spend theirs to yourself?

Redglitter Wed 09-Dec-15 01:54:07

I knew there would be someone posting about spending money on a bag. I assume nanofone that you don't have any luxury items in life and donate to a food bank rather than going on holiday etc

Gin enjoy shopping for your new bag and enjoy it when you get it. I bought a LV bag last year and don't regret s penny of it smile

Ginandthecoconut Wed 09-Dec-15 10:08:40

Excellent thank you! More bags to check out smile

Nanofone- I feel no need to justify spending £300 on a bag...

herethereandeverywhere Wed 09-Dec-15 12:31:58

How do you know she isn't already donating to charity Nanofone?

You'd weep if you knew what I spent on clothes and bags wink. I earn it, I spend it. I pay my taxes and I'm charitable. I'm sure the OP is the same. smile

I have to laugh at those scouring S&B to suggest charitable donations. Like the ones who suggest 'a nice park bench' when people want to spend THEIR inheritance on a bag or jewellery for THEM! grin

Whatthefoxgoingon Wed 09-Dec-15 15:03:15

Hear, hear here!

I just bought a givenchy bag for rather more than £300, no way do I feel guilty about it. It's my hard earned money thanks v much.

Gin, how about looking at lk Bennett and Kate Spade as well?

Ginandthecoconut Wed 09-Dec-15 20:46:43

Oh I have Kate Spade and LK Bennet on the list smile. Now to do the shopping bit!

ChippyOikInTinsel Wed 09-Dec-15 20:56:26

laska, that is a beautiful bag. is it a copy of an hermes bag?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now