Talk

Advanced search

False eyelashes...

(10 Posts)
RaptorsCantPlayPoker Mon 07-Dec-15 18:23:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ElasticPants Mon 07-Dec-15 21:08:23

I use cluster lashes I put in myself. I used to go and have individual ones done in a salon, but it's a lot of ££ with regular in fills. Doing my own also means I don't have gaps if I loose any.

I've never had my natural lashes pulled out. You really do have to be on the ball with no eye rubbing though.

Goodbetterbest Mon 07-Dec-15 21:18:11

I have the individual ones. Have had them for years. Lashes are fine (I have them for 10 months, two off). They last about 4/5 weeks and I have them touched up. I use liquid liner.

Getting them done this week. Cannot wait. They make a massive difference.

CarpetDiem Mon 07-Dec-15 22:27:40

I too get semi permanent lashes done. A bit ££ but so worth it, get mine done every 3 wks. I've attached a close up no make up pic so pls ignore my untended brows!

Wagglebees Tue 08-Dec-15 03:00:27

Wow Carpet they're amazing! 😍

I've never had them done but very tempted. Not sure I'd know where to go or what to look for to avoid getting rubbish ones.

liinyo Tue 08-Dec-15 15:00:34

I used to have extensions. They were lovely but they were v pricey and often pulled my lashes out. Eventually I developed an allergy to,the glue and had to stop.

Since then I have experimented with strip lasgphes and am a total convert. They are way cheaper and I can wear lighter ones for informal occasions and fuller ones for nights out and they take minutes rather than hours to apply. They took a bit of practice (about 10/12 goes over a few weeks) but I am pretty good at applying them now.

I recommend Ardell Demi Wispies (easily available on Amazon) and Revlon Precision Lash glue ( same place). It dries clear and the lashes can be be cleaned and reused many times

Another tip; when you first start using them it is easier to cut them in half and just apply towards the outer edge of your eyes. Once you get the knack you can use the whole lash.

Sprink Tue 08-Dec-15 15:23:03

How ££ is 'a bit ££'?

Wagglebees Tue 08-Dec-15 17:11:09

liin Thanks for the recommendations I'm going to try those. cake

ElasticPants Tue 08-Dec-15 17:52:24

I paid £55 for a full set, maintainence is from £25 depending on how many need adding.

I'm sure prices do widely vary depending on brand and location etc

CarpetDiem Tue 08-Dec-15 18:42:20

sprink
How ££ is 'a bit ££'?
It's all relative.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now