Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a nice after shaving face cream for DH

(17 Posts)
GothicRainbow Mon 07-Dec-15 15:15:50

My DH has very sensitive skin and already uses a sensitive shaving gel but has recently started to get very dry skin on his cheeks.

He has been mumbling about getting some sort of moisturiser, I think this might be a good idea.

Looking for any recommendations really on a good brand that's suitable for sensitive skin and doesn't have too many chemicals in it.

GothicRainbow Wed 09-Dec-15 12:36:52

Anyone?? Any ideas?

turkeyboots Wed 09-Dec-15 12:50:25

DH recently started using one from Lush which he raves about. He also has very sensitive skin. Only downside is that it smells like sudocream!

ScarlettDarling Wed 09-Dec-15 12:54:38

Kiehl's is lovely stuff, my Dh loves it. Unfortunately it's pretty pricey but it's great as a Christmas presentM

StillShopalot Wed 09-Dec-15 12:54:44

LIz Earle stuff is fabulous for my sensitive dh. Would definitely recommend.

Nanasueathome Wed 09-Dec-15 12:57:58

Elemis are good, do gift sets as well

GothicRainbow Wed 09-Dec-15 12:59:21

Thanks everyone, I'm thinking of getting it as a Christmas present so can be abit on the pricier side if necessary.

Will look into all of your suggestions. With his job it's important his skin looks as good as possible - first impressions seem to really count in his industry!

MumOfTheMoment Wed 09-Dec-15 13:21:12

Another vote for Liz Earle. Gorgeous stuff.

OldFarticus Wed 09-Dec-15 17:03:13

I bought my DH a Clarins for men set 3 years ago which he slung in the back of the wardrobe....until last year, when he became an overnight Clarins convert. Loves all their products. He has the aftershave balm/moisturiser but used it as a night cream (grin) because he reckons the shaving cream is so moisturising that he doesn't need it.

I love their products too so it's good for 2 for 1 offers etc (and usually the freebies are from the women's range).

scrivette Wed 09-Dec-15 17:05:29

Another recommendation for Elemis here too. I can always tell when DH has used it as his skin looks so much clearer.

IShouldBeSoLurky Wed 09-Dec-15 18:43:07

Aesop is v pricey but brilliant.

bingohandjob Wed 09-Dec-15 19:04:03

I'm assured by my husband that Proraso is the discerning chap's choice and feels great. If you want to really spend some big money, he swears by Feather razors.

bingohandjob Wed 09-Dec-15 19:08:31

Forgot to add this link for post shave stuff - really lovely www.edwinjagger.co.uk

KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 09-Dec-15 19:10:06

Kiehls is the only one DH will use. Very sensitive skin and they are generous with gift bags / samples

Thistledew Wed 09-Dec-15 19:51:31

DH is currently growing a beard, but when he was shaving he used a cream from Taylor of Old Bond Street. It is the old fashioned kind that you need to lather with a brush, but is good quality stuff and comes in some wonderful scents. It's a good one for a gift, particularly combined with a real hair shaving brush.

GothicRainbow Wed 09-Dec-15 20:51:35

Thanks again everyone, just been looking around a website called shavinglounge.co.uk and ordered the proraso sensitive skin shaving cream, aftershave balm and pre shave cream. Here's hoping DH likes it and it helps!

superbfairywren Thu 10-Dec-15 07:16:53

Neals yard aftershave balm is really good and shouldn't irritate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now