Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a serum

(16 Posts)
DizzyMerry Mon 07-Dec-15 13:40:48

My skin is dehydrated and this weather isn't helping with the heating being on most of the time. I would like a water based one with hyaluronic acid in. Have been looking at the Estelle and Thild bio hydrate thirst relief serum and seems to contain good ingredients. Has anyone tried that one?

PirateSmile Mon 07-Dec-15 13:43:39

I've tried several different serums in the past and most of them have worked pretty well. My favourite however is Lush's Full of Grace. It's solid and full of good ingredients and smells divine.

AnneLovesGilbert Mon 07-Dec-15 14:09:21

I'm a big fan of the Botanics All Bright Radiance Concentrate Serum, which I use in the morning, and alternative at night with their Organic Facial Oil. I haven't heard of the one you mention but I find the natural ingredients in the Botanics stuff really works for me - no parabens etc.

DizzyMerry Mon 07-Dec-15 14:28:08

I've never come across the lush one before. Don't have a store near me but will check it out next time I'm near a store. Does it melt easily?

The botanics range looks lovely but I haven't tried anything else after getting whiteheads wth their cleanser. I'll have a look though and see if they'll be kind enough to give me a sample.

Thanks for the suggestion.

DizzyMerry Mon 07-Dec-15 14:28:20

*Suggestions

PirateSmile Mon 07-Dec-15 14:44:52

The Lush bar melts very easily.

Donge13 Mon 07-Dec-15 15:13:58

I use Lancôme Genifique. It is £££ but it leaves my skin so soft and lasts ages.

PirateSmile Mon 07-Dec-15 16:16:45

I've used Lancôme Genifique and I agree it's very good. I don't buy it any more though because it's very expensive.

PitPatKitKat Mon 07-Dec-15 16:28:34

There are two like that I really like:
Apivita Hydration Serum £16.99 for 15ml
Pestle and Mortar Pure Hyaluronic Serum £33 for 30ml

They are about the same price per ml, Pestle and Mortar one lasts longer (i.e. more than double the time as it's double the size of the Apivita, you just need a tiny bit of it) . Apivita one is really great under sunscreen and for quenching the thirst of really parched skin, Pestle and Mortar keeps it nice and plump once you've got the dehydration under control.

DizzyMerry Mon 07-Dec-15 20:57:32

Some more suggestions, thanks.

I'll get a sample of the Lancôme one. I've never heard of Apvita and Pestle and Mortar. They both look good too. I have a list now so hopefully will be able to find something suitable after trying a few out.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Mon 07-Dec-15 21:24:10

Hylamide is supposed to really make a difference.
The best I've tried recently, rather unexpectedly was the Superdrug pure one at a whopping £2.99

Bizzledizzle Mon 07-Dec-15 22:12:29

I have just ran out of my EL one and have bought the Aldi one tonight after being recommended several times it was £1.99!!!! I'll report back after a week or so and let you know what I think!

TheGreenTriangle Mon 07-Dec-15 22:17:01

Bizzle what does the Aldi one look like, what's it called please? I'm off to Aldi in the morning.. TIA.

Kellz92 Mon 07-Dec-15 22:24:19

I use Clarins Complete Age control concentrate (not for anti aging but its meant to be good for keeping skin healthy, im only 23 lol) i always feel refreshed after. But it was expensive so dont know if id buy again. May try aldis next time xx

DizzyMerry Tue 08-Dec-15 12:37:01

Please do report back on the aldi one bizzle. Thanks then and kellz. There was nobody on the beauty counters this morning when I went in so I'll try again after work. I'd like to try out a few before buying one.

FuckyNell Tue 08-Dec-15 12:40:18

I use the Estée Lauder night brown one and the purple day one. I have bought several bottles of each (a rarity) so they must be good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now