Talk

Advanced search

I fancy an 'initial' necklace

(14 Posts)
Ijustneedmycoffee Mon 07-Dec-15 11:54:09

Maybe they're naff, but I still fancy an initial necklace. For 2 letters. I'm not really sure what I want. I want silver. Matte silver if possible, but not necessary. I haven't decided whether I'd like a disk with initial, or just letters.

I've had a look around but I'm not coming up with anyting great. Has anyone seen anything? have any ideas? TIA

superbfairywren Mon 07-Dec-15 14:00:01

Have seen them on etsy and notonthehighstreet. You can have it satinised or brushed if its silver which will give the matt effect. They used to sell initial necklaces in h Samuels in town, but the shop shut down so no idea if they still do.

Ijustneedmycoffee Mon 07-Dec-15 14:52:50

Thank you
I have had a look at notonthehighstreet, but I am a fussy creature - I couldn't find anything I loved. I will sit tonight and have a good look. Haven't checked etsy, will do

seefeld Mon 07-Dec-15 16:30:14

Not cheap but Monica Vinader does some gorgeous ones

Tate15 Mon 07-Dec-15 16:54:55

www.mercimamanboutique.com

Tate15 Mon 07-Dec-15 16:55:47

www.mercimamanboutique.com/index.php?route=product/isearch&search=Initial

twolittleboysonetiredmum Mon 07-Dec-15 16:58:40

Alex Monroe does some gorgeous ones - fairly sure you can get silver or gold

Libitina Mon 07-Dec-15 18:17:45

I have an Elsa Perretti silver initial necklace, I suppose you could buy two and put them on one chain if you're feeling rich?

Bananajam Mon 07-Dec-15 18:31:49

I have an Elsa Peretti one too - it doesn't look much like a P but DH bought it for my 40th and I love it.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Mon 07-Dec-15 18:36:46

I had one made in a font that I found online.

Nice because noone else will have one like it just bought off the cuff and I could specify what size/length of chain etc

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 07-Dec-15 21:09:04

I have a silver one from Laura Lee jewellery - they call them initial coin necklaces.

MabelFurball Mon 07-Dec-15 22:13:16

My DP had one made up for me by a local jeweler. It was a C with diamonds along the straight bit of the C and getting smaller as they went round the curve
www.google.co.uk/search?q=diamond+letter+necklace&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj4-bfh4crJAhVD2RoKHaVRAVwQ_AUICCgC#imgrc=pUXyhIaYbOO8uM%3A
Something like that but not quite as swirly.

jamtartandcustard Mon 07-Dec-15 22:38:34

Not sure this will work as its from the app but I love this one from etsy www.etsy.com/listing/234502644/silver-initial-necklace-silver-lowercase

Ijustneedmycoffee Mon 07-Dec-15 23:12:26

Thank you everyone.
I've been looking around tonight. Love the Monica V ones, particularly because they look substantial.

jamtart I had come across that tonight. I would love it but it's a bit teeny tiny I think.
I need to get into a real life shop and have a look. Try on a few, decide on size etc.
Came across this, I like it, again it's not too small. Not sure I'm keen on the font but they possibly would change it? I am looking for the 'just right' one. Not easy from a sofa wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now