Talk

Advanced search

Collarbone length hair?

(10 Posts)
Bbqsareoverrated Sun 06-Dec-15 22:14:40

I'm starting to feel like I'm too old for bra-strap length hair and wonder if a collarbone length cut is the answer. I have dark brown fine hair (although have lots of it) which is straight, with a slight wave.
However, I just don't have any good pictures to show the hairdresser and, as I've always had long hair, I'm scared of them cutting it too short! Has anyone seen any images of good cuts? I'm happy to have something that needs styling, as long as it can be done quite quickly!
Thanks everyone - I'm feeling completely uninspired!!

WhataRacquet Sun 06-Dec-15 22:21:45

www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/2015/04/07/george-northwood-wells-street-london-salon-bob-bar/#gallery/1385646

I really like this. Want to get it done myself but I haven't had much success when I've shown pictures to hairdressers in the past.

WhataRacquet Sun 06-Dec-15 22:23:38

It's Bob 2 on there, don't know if the link is working properly.

Bbqsareoverrated Sun 06-Dec-15 22:28:22

I love that one! Thanks Racquet. I was thinking of a bit longer than shoulders so I would have to be feeling brave but I really like it. Hmmm, food for thought...thanks!

MsBojangles Mon 07-Dec-15 00:49:57

I rather like this, although Rosie Huntington-Whiteley would look amazing with a DIY job.

www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/GettyImages-464330730.jpg

Redskyatnight01 Mon 07-Dec-15 08:57:03

How old are you OP?

BSL hair isn't that long, not like it's down to your bum or anything.

I think this is really pretty ...http://f.tqn.com/y/beauty/1/S/8/s/1/rose-byrne-hair.jpg

Neveradullm0ment Mon 07-Dec-15 09:35:31

Just had my bra strap hair cut collar bone length (not because I wanted shorter hair but to do away with bleached ends) and it's a couple of inches longer than the Vogue picture. It's really flattering, I can tie it back and wear it loose in a way I didn't with my longer hair. Am tempted to keep this length now. Go for it, if you don't like it, you can grow it again and having a really good trim won't do your hair any harm at all.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Mon 07-Dec-15 10:11:29

I've just had my bra strap length hair cut into an A line bob - it's longer at the front, cut to the nape of the neck at the back, but it's not a really severe angle, if that makes sense. The front is slightly longer than my collar bones. I really like it! I've got very fine straight brown hair and it had been long for 14 years (I'm 32), and it was just getting really straggly and split-ended.

The cut also got rid of all the different layers that had been put in over the years - I have come to the conclusion that layers just don't work on my crappy thin hair. They're fine if you've got thick hair but my hair cleverly manages to look as if it's layered when it isn't, just by being naturally thin and straggly. It looks a lot thicker now and I like it a lot.

It wasn't such a dramatic change as it sounds, because it's still nearly as long at the front as it was before (due to the layers). I haven't missed my long hair - I'm still able to put Game of Thrones braids in it - the only thing that's harder is putting it in a bun, because the back isn't quite long enough. I can do it but I need lots of kirby grips to hold the short back ends up.

Sonotkylie Mon 07-Dec-15 14:10:53

Mine is roughly this length and I love it EXCEPT when it needs cutting, i get it caught under my bra strap and my handbag strap ALL the time. (OK the bra strap is only when I am getting dressed). I have found no other problems!

Bbqsareoverrated Mon 07-Dec-15 22:18:03

Ha, good to know the risks sonotkylie!

These are really good suggestions, I just need to go for it and stop spending stupid money on a trim! I'm 35 but just feel no one I know has longhair anymore (not that that is a good reason!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now