Talk

Advanced search

Nice make-up for 50+

(3 Posts)
Everstrong Sun 06-Dec-15 21:21:34

My lovely mum has been quite poorly lately and is berating the fact she doesn't have any nice makeup to make herself look better now she's getting out and about more.

She's quite pale skinned with dark brown hair and has a tendency towards dry skin. She likes Bobbi Brown and Lancôme. I'm looking for suggestions for some nice products I can treat her too?!

annielostit Mon 07-Dec-15 07:38:29

I like clinique even better for foundation. #3 is quite fair, blush & lippy ( I'm 49) have mixed skin type. Dark hair & blue eyes.My mum likes it too. Light and nice coverage. The pretty eyes mascara is nice.

Carpaccio Mon 07-Dec-15 10:19:12

My mum is in her 60s but she loves Laura Mercier caviar eye sticks (cream eyeshadows that set on the skin) and tubing mascara (she has one from l'oreal, but Clinique, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown and other brands also have them) as everything else seem to smudge on her.

She uses Guerlain and Estee Lauder foundation. Guerlain blusher.
Clinique chubby stick lip sticks, Guerlain lip gloss. Not sure which other brands of lipstick she wears.

Lancome do some nice cream eyeshadow sticks, they set quicker on the skin than Laura Mercier's version, and the selection of colours is limited, but they are nice.
Also the Shine Lover lipsticks are nice - glossy but not sticky, last well and leave a bit of a stain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now