Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used apple cider vinegar to treat hairloss?

(9 Posts)
lancerate12 Sun 06-Dec-15 16:26:27

Hi,
. I have been told apple cider vinegar reduces hairfall. Does it work?. I have tried it twice on my hair and the hair loss is still there. Need to know if it works. Thanks.

WowOoo Sun 06-Dec-15 16:55:28

No, but I've used it to remove a mole and it worked.
I don't know anything that reduces hair fall, sorry.

MoriartyIsMyAngel Sun 06-Dec-15 18:06:51

I know someone who swears by biotin and chromium supps taken together once a day to recover from hairloss. But obviously the most important thing to do is find out the cause and treat that!

JoanGalt Sun 06-Dec-15 18:08:39

How did you use it to remove a mole WowOoo?

Sorry to hijack.

WowOoo Sun 06-Dec-15 20:00:14

JoanGalt -
Apply it to the mole. Cover with a small piece of cider vinegar cotton wool and plaster. Did this a few times daily. It drooped, scabbed up and dropped off. Painful and ugly while it was scabbed and healing. But all I have now is a small scar..smaller than the mole.
Dermatologists do not recommend, please note.

JT05 Sun 06-Dec-15 21:30:51

Faith in Nature Organic shampoo and conditioner have helped my hair loss. Still thinning, but not so much.

mudandmayhem01 Sun 06-Dec-15 21:34:22

I am really surprised at how vinegar could remove a mole, does apple cider vinegar have different properties to other types of vinegar.

TurduckenForDinner Sun 06-Dec-15 21:36:51

Krill oil supplements thickened my hair up. That's not the reason that I initially took them (I was trying to reduce the clickiness of my joints) it was just a nice additional benefit as I have quite thin hair.

howtorebuild Sun 06-Dec-15 21:40:12

It is surely to do with your ability to manage vitamin and minerals. You may have higher needs than the average person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now