Talk

Advanced search

If you have semi-perm colour at hairdressers...

(4 Posts)
MrsMargoLeadbetter Sun 06-Dec-15 13:26:49

...what is your experience?

I have mid length dark brown hair and a few greys coming through. I have been to my usual hairdresser and had a semi-perm colour applied 3 times over the past months to cover the grey.

I haven't been happy with any of the colours. 2 have been darker than my normal colour and once it was redish when I hadn't asked for it! I have only liked the colour once the inital intensity has gone and before the greys are visable - a small window!

However, I am wondering if colouring isn't an exact art? Do semi-perm colours always look darker?

I feel a bit tied to the hairdresser as she does all the family's hair. And she is at the start of our shops/near the train station, so is hard to avoid!

My friend suggested that I'd be better off going to a salon with a colourist rather than my hairdresser who is cutting and colouring.

I am going to try somewhere else but I just wondered if my expectations are too high?

Thanks

OurBlanche Sun 06-Dec-15 13:34:22

I have half head high and low lights instead. Saves a lot of pfaffing and disappointment.

But a dedicated colourist is probably the way to go. If you feel guilty tell your friend/hairdresser your DH/mum/eldest child or friend bought you an appointment for birthday / christmas / fun and, if you prefer the result, tell her that you now have a discount card... then run smile

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sun 06-Dec-15 15:23:00

Thanks for yr reply.

I was thinking of going for a full dye, hopefully it will be less of an issue. How often do you go for a colour?

Yes, I thought maybe saying a friend is now home hairdressing etc. Thing is, if it was another hairdresser I wouldn't have given her 3 chances!

OurBlanche Sun 06-Dec-15 16:04:47

I have mine done in the height of summer, once.

I have strawberry blonde hair and have gone white at the sides - I have white wings smile

It looks fine now but in summer my hair lightens to a pale beige, flat faun shade that I hate. So I have a bit of colour added to liven it up a bit.

Sorry, I am not the best of respondents am I smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now