Talk

Advanced search

What skin products for my late 60's mum who still gets spots?!

(5 Posts)
vixo Sun 06-Dec-15 12:58:54

I think I have similar (although younger!) skin to my mum, and mine has been improved massively by using some of the products suggested on the amazing skincare threads here.

I now use effaclar duo or clearasll pads, followed by Vichy liftactiv filler (I think it's called!) at night, and then moisturiser or serum if needed. My skin can get a bit dry with the Vichy stuff so I don't use it every night, but I've noticed a huge improvement in the number of spots I get and the general condition of my skin.

I would really like to get my mum a present which she wouldn't buy herself - like me, she's not really into beauty stuff so I know she wouldn't buy anything like this because she wouldn't know where to start! - but I'm not sure whether skin 30 years older than mine should have the same products, or whether I should get her something different. She still occasionally gets spots and has quite big pores on her face.

Thank you wise mumsnet skincare gurus for any advice you can offer!

Varya Sun 06-Dec-15 12:59:51

Bump

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Sun 06-Dec-15 14:19:18

Was going to suggest Effaclar.....

Wolpertinger Sun 06-Dec-15 16:10:46

Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion for salicylic acid and or the Vichy Liftactiv Advanced Filler would be good for the retinol.

Spot products and anti-ageing products are pretty similar - basically salicylic and retinol. If you think she might prefer a pad you could go for Nip and Fab Dragons Blood pads if she wouldn't find the name offputting. Vichy Liftactiv is targetted at her age group - pretty much anything from that range would be good but the Advanced Filler is the key product.

vixo Sun 06-Dec-15 17:02:53

Thank you! I think she'll appreciate the sentiment - Always slightly risky giving someone an anti-wrinkle cream!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now