Talk

Advanced search

Getting make up / skincare samples...

(8 Posts)
MummySparkle Sat 05-Dec-15 23:59:12

... How do I go about it? grin

I'm putting together a goodie bag for my cousin of beauty bits. I've got a few things (bath bomb, nice moisturiser, body spray) But I was hoping to put in a few other little things. I bought perfume for MILs birthday a few weeks ago and was staggered by the amount of samples we got given. Sadly I didn't have the foresight to save them for Christmas so I have most of them to MIL.

Is there a way of getting samples out of the counter girls without having to buy things?!

flightywoman Sun 06-Dec-15 00:25:31

I ask! For skin/face stuff you need to try it out first.

Scent - you want to see how it smells on you and how it lasts.

MummySparkle Sun 06-Dec-15 00:52:53

Just straight out ask? What do you say?!

RudyMentary Sun 06-Dec-15 08:29:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BrendaandEddie Sun 06-Dec-15 08:38:13

Stop being such a free loader. Buy stuff

ChipInTheSugar Sun 06-Dec-15 08:52:21

Buy magazines with miniature free gifts?

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sun 06-Dec-15 09:00:37

It's not really in the spirit of things, samples are meant to be for you to try out with a reasonably serious intent to buy the product if it suits you, not freebies to give as presents. However I suppose your cousin might go on to buy the products, so you just need to ask. Just say "I'm looking for a new facial scrub/ moisturiser/whatever, and not sure if this will suit my skin, do you think I could have a sample please?"

RudyMentary Sun 06-Dec-15 09:04:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now