Talk

Advanced search

A new perfume....

(10 Posts)
kelper Sat 05-Dec-15 21:13:00

I fancy a new perfume, but need some suggestions as going to a perfume shop leaves me smell overloaded!!
I love Calvin Klein euphoria, coco madamoiselle, thierry muglers Alien, what else might I like?
I used to love Envy by Gucci but I don't like Envy Me.
I quite like pleasures by Estée Lauder.
I also like Jimmy choos original perfume but that has bad memories for me so when the bottle I have has gone I won't be replacing it (someone who has made my life shit wears it and I don't want to smell like her)
So does anyone have any idea I can suggest to DH for Christmas?
Or a few I can go and test somewhere smile
Thank you in advance

Marc Jacobs Decadence
Prada Infusion D'Iris

buffersandbumpers Sat 05-Dec-15 23:13:18

Lancôme, La Vie Est Belle. I've had lots of compliments when I wear it (that's never happened before)

Softascotton Sat 05-Dec-15 23:25:21

Bumping as I like the same scents.

Twistedheartache Sat 05-Dec-15 23:32:22

I used to wear gucci envy & love coco mademoiselle & I'm wearing miss dior atm. I have eau de perfume coz eau de toilette didn't seem to smell as nice on & Def didn't last on me at all.
Also tempted by modern muse le routwe which I smelt in a magazine & loved

Jaeme Sun 06-Dec-15 03:47:51

Viktor + Rolf Flowerbomb

kelper Sun 06-Dec-15 09:59:08

Oo thank you for the suggestions, I've got a couple of Marc Jacobs, didn't like his last one (Honey? With the bee on the lid) but I'll have a look at the ones suggested, thank you smile

bingohandjob Sun 06-Dec-15 11:08:24

Jo Malone Loves Shot Box - mini testers so you can pick your favourite and then order full size bottle. Spendy, special Christmas gift. Gorgeous and long lasting scents. Red Truffle 21 is bloody lovely too, if you can get to the shop to test. Pink Vetiver fabulous for winter - peppery, heady and warm.

MissBattleaxe Sun 06-Dec-15 18:42:22

Try a discovery box or a set of samples and ask for a full bottle based on your favourite. Bingo is pot on about the Jo Loves et- its £95 though and I don;t know what your budget is.

You can also buy a set of ten or twelve ( not sure) sample phials of either Penhaligons or L'Artisan Parfumeur from Amazon. Pick a favourite and ask for a full bottle for a present.

Looking at perfumes you like or have liked, it looks like you like fruity florals or florals. Alien is Jasmine and Woods, so don;t rule out a woody scent. Envy has been discontinued, although you can still buy it from Amnazon if you're quick.

Out of the suggestionsd above from previous posters, I would agree with Prada Infusions D'iris and Estee Lauder Modern Muse. If you like more delicate florals, I recommend Escada Delicate Notes or Chanel Chance. You could also try Chanel Cristalle which is a light green chypre and fabulous. If you liked Envy you might like Cristalle.

MissBattleaxe Sun 06-Dec-15 18:42:41

spot on not pot on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now