Talk

Advanced search

Is there some kind of Debenhams secret mole on here?

(88 Posts)
BrendaandEddie Sat 05-Dec-15 21:00:37

I have never heard as much chat about Debenhams - surely the SHITTEST shop in the world, as on here in the last few weeks

SO own up - who works for Debenhams social media company?

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Sat 05-Dec-15 21:09:19

I like a couple of the subsidiaries in there. Like Jenny Packham or the Jasper Conran bit. It's a bit hit and miss though.

usual Sat 05-Dec-15 21:17:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wishful80smontage Sat 05-Dec-15 21:19:52

Debenhams is fecking awful I thought the ladies clothes were bad enough until I had dd- the children's clothes are truly dire- homeware is ok at a push.

TheSpottedZebra Sat 05-Dec-15 21:23:29

My Debs smells of cabbage and always has dirty floors.
It's like 1987, always.

usual Sat 05-Dec-15 21:25:07

Savagebeauty Sat 05-Dec-15 21:25:12

Terrible place...and shoddy service

southeastastra Sat 05-Dec-15 21:26:46

i don't think it's shit. i think it depends on your local branch. ours here is pretty good though I wish it would do MAC in store.

southeastastra Sat 05-Dec-15 21:27:42

how can debenhams be shittier than primark or new look they're shitty shops

meditrina Sat 05-Dec-15 21:28:02

Good for teen bras.

Can't think of anything else I've bought in there for ages.

usual Sat 05-Dec-15 21:29:50

WhataRacquet Sat 05-Dec-15 21:30:52

I like Debenhams. Loads of choice. They have free returns and usually free postage if you spend a certain amount. I live in the middle of nowhere so need a good postal service.

If they want to offer me a job doing social media that would be great.

Roygrace Sat 05-Dec-15 21:33:37

I thought I was the only one that hated debenghams. It's over priced shit

My one never gives beauty samples of anything and it seems do dowdy

MisForMumNotMaid Sat 05-Dec-15 21:37:00

I quite like Debenhams. Ours opens onto the multistory car park of the shopping centre so is really convenient.

They're coordinated underwear at 70% plus off is an annual favourite of mine at the end of the January sales.

QueenLaBeefah Sat 05-Dec-15 21:39:42

BHS is the shittesr shop in the world. Debenhams is marginally better.

usual Sat 05-Dec-15 21:44:41

Cleo81 Sat 05-Dec-15 21:44:43

I hate it. Never find anything I like. mil insists on giving me a gift card from there every year and I never find anything I want unless they have an oasis or warehouse in them. However, they seem to have moved out now.

I wanted to exchange some clothes for dd given as a gift when born to something in a bigger size. It took me so long to find anything to buy and I ended up just getting jeans as couldn't find anything else. Surprised it's still in business. It does have constant sales though.

TiggyD Sat 05-Dec-15 21:48:18

I like Debenhams. A bit annoying they often don't have all/my size in stock though.

SpendSpendSpend Sat 05-Dec-15 21:48:23

I love Debenhams!

I love their make up counters, the brands like Ted Baker, John Rocha etc etc

But then again i think everything people link to on here is awful so what do i know

grin

usual Sat 05-Dec-15 21:49:49

southeastastra Sat 05-Dec-15 21:50:46

i like fenwicks at brent cross but the one in bond street is ££££ it's like really expensive.

i have a lovely debenhams duvet cover, white with bright flowers. also some jewellery boxes that are a bit different

ClancyMoped Sat 05-Dec-15 21:51:07

I like debenhams. It has great offers and sales. The secret is to find the item you like at a good price at Debemhams then buy it at John Lewis and claim the price difference using John Lewis's Never Knowingly Undersold process. Works for me grin

MisForMumNotMaid Sat 05-Dec-15 21:51:20

Cleo81 there's an app for selling unwanted gift cards called zeek. I've not sold through it but i have got a few cards through it.

Sometimes there are groupon codes for cheap credit when you first join.

usual Sat 05-Dec-15 21:52:21

cranberryx Sat 05-Dec-15 21:53:01

I have an addiction to matthew williamson bedding. It's taking over my life. sad their homeware is good! smile

Never bought clothes there though, just not my style it's very dated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now