Talk

Advanced search

How much for an ear piercing?

(13 Posts)
TheExMotherInLaw Sat 05-Dec-15 20:29:21

I originally had my ears pierced 40 years ago, and one - just one of the damn things has healed up, just at the back - I can almost get a stud through, just can't force it through the skin.
I want to have it re-pierced, opening up the back of the same hole.
Does anyone know if this can be done, and how much it's likely to cost.
DS (200 miles away) insists I have it done with a needle, rather than a piercing gun.
(hope this is correct place to ask)

cheapskatemum Sat 05-Dec-15 20:39:22

Watching with interest as I have exactly the same problem (except that mine were originally pierced 37 years ago).

Jelly101 Sat 05-Dec-15 20:49:57

I had mine re-don't not long ago and it was between £10-15 pound at a piercing place in town. The price depended on what earring you had. smile

Ughnotagain Sat 05-Dec-15 20:50:49

Can be done. I had mine re-done a while back then let them close up because I realised I'm not that bothered. Please do get it done with a needle.

The two piercing places local to me (that I'd trust) charge £9/£10 for a single lobe piercing.

That said... If you're not squeamish you can run through it yourself with a safety pin. I have done that before. But I wouldn't recommend it really! Definitely better to pay a professional to use sterile equipment.

earlyriser Sat 05-Dec-15 20:51:40

If you go to a tattoo parlour they will use needles and do a single ear. £10- £20 depending on the earring.

Luxyelectro Sat 05-Dec-15 20:52:43

Is it really closed up?
Have you tried pushing a earring through from the back? Or the blunt end of a sewing needle?

My daughter had hers done for £15 in a tattoo shop with a needle.

girlandboy Sat 05-Dec-15 20:55:16

This happened to both of mine after not wearing earrings for about 20 years.
I forced studs through both of them shock and then put my original sleepers back in that I'd had as a child when I'd had them pierced.

It was reasonably easy and I only winced a bit grin

TheExMotherInLaw Sat 05-Dec-15 21:19:55

I've tried with a needle, and I just can't make myself push it hard enough to go through (wimp)
I've been messing with trying to force stud through for about 3 years! I need to woman up and go in somewhere. I just feel an idiot going in such a place, I wanted to have some clue - and what sort of thing do I have put in? A surgical steel stud, or what?
Back in the day I had studs put in - then remembered I'd gone in on my bike, and had to cope with a helmet on and off again - then swapped them for gold sleepers.

NapoleonsNose Sat 05-Dec-15 21:21:06

I had one of mine re-pierced when it closed over and they wouldn't do it in exactly the same place for some reason. So I now have one earring very slightly higher up than the other. DD had her ears done again the other day and it was around £15 for both holes.

Ughnotagain Sat 05-Dec-15 21:38:59

You just need to go in and explain what happened. They'll ask whether you want a stud/labret or a ring and go from there. It's not scary, I promise smile

cheapskatemum Sat 05-Dec-15 22:45:41

TheEX I've tried that too! There are 2 tattoo parlours in my nearest town - they weren't so abundant when I first had my ears pierced! I'm going to pop into one and get the job done once and for all. Thanks for the above advice. Mine were uneven anyway, so having a hole in a slightly different place might not be such a bad thing. Let us know how you get on, OP.

Bluecheese22 Sun 06-Dec-15 15:25:27

Definitely get done with a needle, tattoo studios are the best option. Anything between £10 & £15 is reasonable for a single lobe piercing, including earring and often a little bottle of cleansing solution.

cheapskatemum Tue 08-Dec-15 15:39:17

Woohoo, thanks for being the catalyst, TheEx and thanks earlyriser for the tattoo parlour tip off. I am now £25 poorer, but the proud bearer of 2 studs in 2 beautifully re-pierced ears. Done by a very nice gent locally, on the spot (went yesterday, but he was closed Mondays). I'm far happier with the new position of the holes, we both agreed the old ones were too low, these are far more central grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now