Talk

Advanced search

Permanent hair removal?

(9 Posts)
GretchenBeckett Sat 05-Dec-15 13:18:15

I have very think, think hair. I have to shave my legs every day in the summer and even then you can see dark little spots under my skin. Waxing gives me bad ingrown hairs.

I'm really considering getting something to permanently remove them but I get confused by the vast amount of choice out there.

Can anybody recommend anything please?

GretchenBeckett Sat 05-Dec-15 13:19:28

That should be thick, dark hair NOT. Think think 😊

Ooogetyooo Sat 05-Dec-15 14:00:04

Laser hair removal by a professional salon has been the answer to my prayers. It is expensive but so worth it. So far I have had underarms and navel line done. I have just started a new course of 8 for bikini line and inner thighs. It is quite painful but if I can do it anyone can. It really works.

GretchenBeckett Sun 06-Dec-15 00:58:38

Oh that's great thank you

MovemberSucks Sun 06-Dec-15 01:00:37

The Phillips Lumea is pretty good. It's expensive to buy but overall works out cheaper than salon laser treatment.

toomuchinternets Sun 06-Dec-15 22:45:55

Same- really impressed with my Lumea. Worth every penny/

clareash99 Sun 06-Dec-15 22:48:07

does the hair go away FOR EVER with the Lumea?

Bluecarrot Sun 06-Dec-15 22:52:25

I tried a home machine but found it too much of a faff. (Was a long time ago though. Might be better now)
Then I went for proper laser hair removal. V pricey but I used to be like you described but now I could happily go a week without shaving
there is still hair there- maybe a 60% reduction in number of hairs and incredible difference in thickness. Can barely feel it see it now.
I got more hairy during pregnancy but I'll go back for a top up soon.
Def good to go in winter when you are covered up more (you can't shave etc for a few weeks after treatment- the hair will fall out on its own. You will be hair free for a few weeks, then next batch will grow)

It didn't work on my face. I go for threading for that.

Bluecarrot Sun 06-Dec-15 22:53:16

* I stopped treatments as I ran out of money to spend on it. It's been 3+ years since my last one and results are still great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now