Talk

Advanced search

Can you use acid toners on sensitive skin?

(8 Posts)
Destinysdaughter Fri 04-Dec-15 19:04:50

Am v confused about this. I've read about the benefits of acid toners fir skin but my skin is quite dry, prone to redness and sensitive and don't want to use something that will make it worse. I currently use Boots No7 gentle cleanser, L'Oreal Micellar water and a LaRoche moisturiser. All are fine and don't irritate my skin.

Are there any benefits to me using an acid toner and if so which one?

Hoping some knowledgeable people can help me!

thewhitepowerranger Sat 05-Dec-15 05:31:42

I use one on mine (the Clearasil pads, nothing fancy) and they've been a game changer. Usually my skin is sensitive and prone to tantrums that result in redress and patches of eczema. Since I've been acid toning it's completely calm. Might not be the same for you, mind.

JasperDamerel Sat 05-Dec-15 05:56:14

I use the Nip and Fab pads. When I first started using them, I thought they were terrible. My skin looked red and blotchy the next day. I only us d them once a week. But after about a month, my skin started tolerating them, and does seem a lot smoother and less flaky. I now use them most nights, but avoid if my skin is reacting to something.

CarpetDiem Sat 05-Dec-15 08:03:42

Nip & Fab dragons blood pads. I too have sensitive skin OP, with roseacea on cheeks & blocked pores on nose blush these pads have really brightens my skin up. They're half price at the mo in super drug. www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face/Masks/NipFab-Dragons-Blood-Fix-Cleansing-Pads-x60/p/321903

Floisme Sat 05-Dec-15 10:52:23

Well all sensitive skin is different but it's a 'no' from me. The only way I can control flare ups is to use as few products as possible on my face. I have to be confident about what a product will do to make a difference and the claims made for acid toners ('brighter looking skin' etc) are just too vague for me.

Further more all the ones I've looked at seem to leave your skin more senstive to sun damage - pretty bizarre for a product that claims to have anti ageing powers. So then I'd have to use stronger sunscreen to counteract that which increases the risk of a flare up even more

FrustratedFrugal Sat 05-Dec-15 11:00:50

I have mild rosacea and N+F glycolic or salicylic acid pads are fine. My skin is better than ever. My other products are micellar water, black soap, and either BB cream or mineral makeup, Asian sunscreen during the sunny season.

Destinysdaughter Sat 05-Dec-15 22:49:36

Yes I do have doubts about products that leave your skin more prone to sun damage. Seems pretty counter intuitive to me, especially as I have pale red skin that reacts badly to the sun anyway.

Still confused...

madmomma Sat 05-Dec-15 22:52:12

All acids break me out. gutted, but there it is. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now