Talk

Advanced search

Tooth whitening - any recommendations?

(7 Posts)
SnobblyBobbly Fri 04-Dec-15 17:56:37

I'm looking to get my teeth whitened and have about £400 to spend.

My dentist does an 'at home' kit with custom trays etc for £295 but I wanted to get something done in house but not sure my budget will allow for it!

Has anyone had a treatment they would recommend?

schmalex Fri 04-Dec-15 19:02:37

I used an 'at home' kit from my dentist and it worked well. My dentist said it was the best option as you can do it gradually and stop when you're happy or if your teeth get sensitive.

Funnymousey Sat 05-Dec-15 19:34:35

Several years ago I had good results from a kit bought on eBay. Bleach gel and tray system, but it did make my teeth very sensitive. I went to one of those uv bleaching places and paid £100 for no noticeable result so wouldn't waste your money on that!
I'd say go with dentist every time.

Truckingalong Sun 06-Dec-15 06:41:17

Crest white strips.

lavazzzalover Sun 06-Dec-15 09:21:16

I've used crest white strips. they were great.

SnobblyBobbly Sun 06-Dec-15 09:22:52

Thanks for the reccommendations! I did have a £100 cosmetic whitening treatment at a salon a few years ago, but it just made my teeth really sensitive and didn't change the colour at all!

Trucking I've heard about the Crest strips, so I've ordered a box to try, if I don't get a result from those, I'll head back to my dentist.

Only1scoop Sun 06-Dec-15 09:36:30

My dentist doesn't do in chair stuff and many have stopped the zoom type treatments.

My dentist reckons the only way to whiten teeth is with commitment of having the stuff in contact with your teeth for long periods to start with.

I also was hoping for an in chair no faff at home type treatment.

The home system has cost me 400 pounds have just started it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now