Talk

Advanced search

French connection- sizing/quality? Please!

(13 Posts)
Cuttysarky Fri 04-Dec-15 14:16:30

Hello! I just came across the French Connection website and saw quite a few things I really liked, but was wondering what their sizing is like, they sat XL is a 16, but my chest and big CS tummy are definitely 18s, is there any point in me ordering? Also is the quality good? Thanks in advance for any info!

DavetheCat2001 Fri 04-Dec-15 14:26:53

I have a couple of pairs of jeans from FC which I love.

The sizing of the jeans seems pretty true to form as far as I can see, although I have read reviews of other clothing from there that apparently comes up on the big side.

I think the quality is good.

Cuttysarky Fri 04-Dec-15 17:29:08

Ok, thanks! I may order a few things from the sale to see how it fits.

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 04-Dec-15 19:01:00

Definitely, definitely think it comes up on the small side. I manage a charity shop and hear this constantly (moaning) when people try on FC garments (also my own past experience buying from FC)
Quality pretty good

Cuttysarky Fri 04-Dec-15 20:03:31

Ok, thanks... Hmmm one top I really like says it is oversized so May chance ordering that one...

PurpleDaisies Fri 04-Dec-15 20:05:54

I'd say it was on the large size! I usually size down in there...

dontcallmelen Fri 04-Dec-15 23:45:53

I size down in trousers/skirts, dresses usually true to size, have always found quality very good.

Dresses and smarter clothes (formal skirts) i normally find about true to size, some of their tops can be really big! Smart coats about true to size

BrendaandEddie Sat 05-Dec-15 15:18:31

NEVER get on their mailing list. They emailed me every other bloody day

SwearyGodmother Sat 05-Dec-15 21:00:21

I have a few dresses and jackets which I've always found large, but recently bought a skirt on eBay which is very snug. I suspect they're one of those places that is bonkers re sizing and can sometimes be big, sometimes small. The quality is rather good though.

DickDewy Sat 05-Dec-15 21:04:54

I buy a lot of stuff from French Connection and always size down - I find their clothes very big.

And yes, their e-mails are annoying. "hello gorgeous" type of bollocks.

southeastastra Sat 05-Dec-15 21:07:24

i find the sizing varies according to the design, i usually get 16s (xl) for fitted tops but Large for jumpers and t shirts. i do buy tons from them and we have an outlet here too grin

i don't find their mailing lists much different to any other

TSSDNCOP Sun 06-Dec-15 04:55:36

i agree with Southeastra. Dresses and glam tops can be a bit tight on the bust. Their jeans are great though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now