Talk

Advanced search

What to wear to winter christening?

(6 Posts)
Namechangenetty Fri 04-Dec-15 12:30:03

Been invited to DPs friend's dcs christening on Saturday. Haven't a clue what to wear. Still have baby belly (12 week old dd) so currently size 14/16. Do you go similar to a wedding outfit or not that dressy. Any ideas/links gratefully received. Am 5"11 and winter colours tend to suit best. Thanks!

polyhymnia Fri 04-Dec-15 15:15:34

Definitely not that dressy. We have christenings quite often in our church and the only guests that stand out in a not good way are people who've gone for too 'weddingy' a look and/or with very short skirts and teetering high heels.

A nice dress - eg nice jersey one - and boots or smart but not try hard shoes is fine. I've seen plenty of guests in smartish trousers and tops too.

SheHasAWildHeart Fri 04-Dec-15 15:50:18

Amaya Lace Dress £29, in size 16

India Drape Wrap Dress £48

Budget?

SweepTheHalls Fri 04-Dec-15 15:51:21

Smart dress, boots, warm coat, scarf, gloves. Church can be either roasting or freezing!

SheHasAWildHeart Fri 04-Dec-15 15:52:28

Corinne Printed Dress £49, I really like this, but I know I have slightly unpopular taste!

squoosh Fri 04-Dec-15 15:57:53

Definitely not wedding attire.

Smart casual is the way to go. Trousers are fine if you're worried by the weather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now