Talk

Advanced search

Small red spots

(3 Posts)
biscuitkumquat Fri 04-Dec-15 09:30:04

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in allergies.

I changed my skin care around 8 weeks ago, and got some Estee Lauder products (makeup remover, cleanser, toner, moisturiser), from only using wipes & Nivea before. But, after around a week, I had a new small red spot around my mouth every day. I have very dry skin, so never had any kind of spots before.

So, I stopped using the Estee Lauder and changed to Liz Earle, and had the same problem.

So, I went back to what I was doing before, but now I'm getting 2/3 new spots a day & although they're very small, they are fairly unsightly.

My DM thinks it might be Perioral dermatitis, brought on by the change of products.

I've had a look at photographs on Dr Google & mine doesn't seem to be anything like as serious or angry as these.

I don't really want to waste my GP's time with this, because they're just so busy, but I do want to get it cleared up. I've found a private dermatologist, but they are £130 per appointment, which I can't really afford.

Does anyone have any advice?

Jaeme Fri 04-Dec-15 10:09:34

Have you changed anything else recently like your toothpaste or mouthwash?

A similar thing happened to me and it turned out to be the toothpaste that was doing it.

biscuitkumquat Fri 04-Dec-15 10:20:34

I did have an issue with my toothpaste a couple of years ago Jaeme, it was the Colgate one with the blue "bits" in, but no, it's the same one as usual sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now